Christmas Shopping.

Booze and munchies bought yesterday, plenty to fill the belly and cloud the mind!

Sounds good to me - I'll show up about 4:00pm Christmas Eve - O.K.? That way I get to miss the in-laws who are all showing up at our house!

:mouse: Not done any yet and have no intentions of doing any.

Sorry to sound an old grouch but for about fifty years now I haven’t chrimbo shopped, I use to leave that to the wife, like the majority of creatures of her genre she use to do it all and liked every second.

I’m the complete opposite and she knew it, that’s why she preferred to do it without me.

At the end of the day I paid her what I owed her, usually it was half of whatever it cost which in my book is only fare.

One of the hardest people to shop for was my wife; when it comes to buying presents I have no imagination especially when I was buying for her.

It would normally be Channel perfume, or some other spray from them she wouldn’t wear anything else.

After Crimbo It would join all the others that I had bought her in her top draw, never to see light of day again until she ran out and then it would make an appearance not before the others that were setting along side had been used first.

One year I bought her some sexy underwear…come to think of it I never did see her in it.

When the children were young we did go a little over the top with crimbo goodies but since they left the crimbo goodies have diminished to a point now that I don’t bother anymore. What’s the point I ask myself, I only get pimples on me bum if I over indulge in fatty produces.

This year I have been asked to go to my son’s house for crimbo day of which I have excepted, his kids will have plenty of goodies that I can over indulge in.

Bip. :tease:

Got some booze (thats the important bit) and got some nibbles from costco but they won't last till christmas (too moreish) so it will be back to costco in about 3 weeks . I also bought a turkey crown but we still aren't sure where we will be for the big day itself so that might have to wait till new year.

Bought some pressies but still have 4 more to get

I’m easily pleased me. Whenever my kids ask ‘what do you want for crimbo I reply a bottle of single malt or Thorntons Toffee’s, needless to say neither last until new year.

I have done now for many a year given my kids and my grand kids the money, it’s simple that way, they get to choose what they want and none of the money I give them ends up in the dust bin three days later when the fuss has worn off or the batteries have died.

Bip.

I love a single malt too Den, bit too expensive these days though.

I love a single malt too Den, bit too expensive these days though.

Then you need to come round to our house - I have collected eight single malts over the years all of which still have a dram or two in them!

Oh go on then (Lend us your plane mate and i'll be there in a jiffy)

It would be quicker to swim! The poor old girl only cruises at about 120mph airspeed - and although it can fly for five hours - it won't get you very far across the pond! (And the in-flight entertainment stinks!)

;)

I should have added "but you're welcome to try"!

Oh go on then (Lend us your plane mate and i'll be there in a jiffy)

It would be quicker to swim! The poor old girl only cruises at about 120mph airspeed - and although it can fly for five hours - it won't get you very far across the pond! (And the in-flight entertainment stinks!)

;)

I dunno ,600 miles in 5 hours ,hop to Scotland ,then on to Iceland , on to Green land 'then Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and then Yadda Yadda Yadda you know the rest (all that for a chug of single malt and I don't even like the bloody stuff) But thanks for the offer