Bah Humbug

Guest Flatcap Driver Rides Again

Guest Flatcap Driver Rides Again

I'm looking out from me flat, great view of Bestwood Park Estate!

Bloody Kids riding back and forward on Sparkly new bikes.

Mum and Dad bin to LIDL again.

Well at least whilst their doing that, their not throwing bricks at me front door.

In suppose this is one day in the year I can get a bit of peace?

Apart from that

Bah Humbug!

Roll on 2008, thats what I Say?

• 4 years later...
  • 5 years later...

We are going to our daughter in law's sister's house for the day tomorrow.  At the last count there will be 15 adults, 6 children and a baby.  Wonder where we'll all sit down for lunch.... or perhaps we won't sit down?  It's going to be a great day with all those lively children - yes, really!  Really looking forward to it...

• Like 1

I bet it will be fun Margie.  I do miss the good old Christmases (is that the plural of Christmas?) when the kids were small.  Usually 9 or 10 around the table, lots of laughter and silliness.  Christmas changed for us 4 years ago when my Dad, who celebrated his birthday on Boxing Day, passed away and 2 weeks later we were blessed with a beautiful baby granddaughter.   The big family gatherings at our house ceased, our son with the new addition goes away in search of sunshine every Christmas, this year they’re in Dubai. 

Tomorrow we’re out for Christmas Lunch with just one son who is gracing us with his company for a couple of days.   It will be enjoyable and lovely to spend time with him but I do look back on the old days and feel sad that those times of a house full of happy family have gone forever.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I hope you'll enjoy your Christmas lunch with your son, Lizzie.  I'm sure it will be good to spend some time with him.

I suppose we are fortunate (although some on here might not use that particular word!) in that our son's wife comes from a very family orientated  background.  Her siblings and her mum and dad all live locally and the families still do lots of stuff together.  

We went to a pre Christmas get-together on Friday at our son's house here in the village.  There were  only 11 adults, 4 children and a baby this time.   We had jacket spuds with home made chilli + other bits and pieces then we sang carols round the piano, 3 of the carols being played by our 6 year old grandson!  Then our 2 grandchildren and their cousin sang unaccompanied a Christmas song they'd learned at school, followed by their youngest cousin who is 4, singing his own variation of Twinkle twinkle little star, which involved angels sitting on the loo and having a poo!!   It really was a lovely evening.....  I suspect tomorrow will be a bit more hectic!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1