hiya i so glad i found this site!!

i was born in nottingham city hospital

and was bought up in ucknall (oops forgot me "H" lol)

i lived there till 2001 when i moved to Devonand they don't half talk funny here!!!

they don't understand the nottingham humour at all.......

i don't uderstand much of what they say at all...... so we're equal lol

i have been trawling the site and have had a really good titter about the nottingham as it is spoke i remember so many of them lol

i found this site by accident as i was looking up martin lacey on net cos my mum used to work for him at sherwood zoo and boy am i glad i found it lol

look forward to talking to you all xx

di

It feels a little odd welcoming another member as I've only bin 'ere five minutes me 'sen. I hope you enjoy this site like I do, Di. I think it's just great. Welcome.

My mam was from 'ucknall an all. I have a bit of time for that place for that reason.

You might be interested in these witterings by me about the area. They were written as a memento for my Canadian relatives after their recent trip over here.

One Walk and Two Churches (1)

One Walk and Two Churches (2)

Hello Di

And welcome,

In 1988 I was going to move to Barnstaple, being offered a job there but the people I was going to

work with were not very friendly (not representative of the devonians I met on holiday, I have to say)

Spent a lot of time on holiday in North Devon around Croyde, and still love the area.

Look forward to hearing from you !englandflag!

Hi Di and welcome

I too used to spend a lot of holiday time down your way .I have relatives in Topsham (Nr Exmouth) and used to do a lot of fishing around there. Last year we ventured even further and had two holidays in Cornwall (Not far over the border in Camelford)

We are spread far and wide Di, from Australia to the USA, welcome.

Yep - Hello from Michigan where, much to everybody's surprise, it is NOT snowing! In fact, it is 51F as I write this - it is normally about 20F at this time of day in January!

I have just been to pick up SWMBO from work and I was just in a T shirt and didn't notice any thing amiss until she remarked about me being daft as I had just got over the flu

Thats why she said there was a nip in the air!!! I was looking for Mitsubishi Zero's