The Meet up in the Poacher

Where does one start to apologise? I suppose at the beginning and to the person one was sitting closest too Saturday night in the Poacher and that would be Mrs Franks, so here goes.

Earlier Saturday I did myself a lamb curry, not thinking too much about the consequences of such curry I proceeded to make it to my high standards which means loads upon loads of chillies and garlic.

As I made my way over to the table to where the faces to the posts were sitting I sat myself down by the side of Mrs Franks.

From that very beginning I knew there was something wrong, at the time though I just thought I might have splashed on the wrong aftershave or even too much of it, but thinking back now I understand why Mrs Franks was leaning to her left, it wasn’t because of her piles playing up as I first thought, it must have been the Chillies and Garlic she could smell on my breathe ‘Sorry Mrs Franks;

By the way Mrs Franks the view down your top was very nice, Frank is a lucky man!

And while I’m about it I might as well apologise to everyone else sitting at that double table and to the rest of the peasants in the Poacher at that time.

Yep it was a good evening with good company once again and nice to see that Limey and Denshaw made the effort too to be there, not like some miserable sods.

The Harvest Pale was at it’s very best and so was beefy with his little jokes, pity I wasn’t in earshot for most of them, or was that a blessing? Who knows!

Looking forward to the pictures beefy mate.

My mate showed up late with his wife they had been to the Panthers game of which they lost to Coventry five one.

Two mixed Special Kababs were picked up on the way home from Alanya Kebab house in Beeston.

Before you say ought I didn’t order, both were ordered by my mate, one for him and one for his wife. I don’t eat such muck, I only eat pork scratching and that is only with a pint or two.

Well that’s about it I suppose, just before I go I must apologise to Denshaw for not chatting to him as much as I should have done, that was only because I don’t like shouting across tables in noisy pubs besides Frank kept him company all night while I chattered up Mrs Franks, nice.

Bip.

Yep - despite the jet lag - I had a great time - and it was wonderful to put faces to the names. Two Dens, Frank and Beeefy were all great to meet - and we can't foreget Mrs Frank! Lots of laughs and a great time - even though I can't say that I share Den's dedication to the HP - but with all that beer to choose from I will have to return and sample a few more!

It is so warm here! ;)

This miserable sod spent the Evening in Swadlingcote (Swad.)

The highlight of the evening being the Frozen southern fried chicken and oven chips,

purchased in Aldi, taken back to the office and placed in the Aldi mini oven in the office.

Arrived back to all the phones ringing as all the admin staff had gone home at four.

Those who had not interupted my busy work schedule by continally ringing my mobile,

(due to the lack of the former cover answering the office phone)were about to interupt

my snaptime, till I again left the office. This time it was irate members of the public, who

thankfully dont have my work mobile number, wanting to know why we had not

visited them for two days.

The only other person on with me little JoJo returned to the office a short time later

and we managed to get some snap. Unlike the night before, not setting the kitchen on fire

trying to heat Nan bread in the toaster ( I thought it was garlic, it was cheese)

In three years I can look back on this posting and say 'Sod That' Thank God!

Glad you looked after Eric Et Al and that there was a good 'atmosphere'

Life in the freezer then back home Eric.

Or do you mean the beer is warm?

Either way we stay at homes have got use to the climate change and if one needs a cold beer there’s always the fridge.

Pity non of the girlies could make the meet would have been fascinating putting a skirt to a face, maybe the blonde that walked in on her own was a member and we didn’t know it, mind you there were whispers she was a hooker looking for a trick.

Let me think about the offer Mrs franks of the dance lessons, maybe one day when life gets disparate I will give it a go, but as things are at the moment I’m quick stepping through life. Thanks once again.

Bip.

Thanks for a really great night :Friends:

Nice to meet you Eric and Den.(and your sister and hubby, Eric- even if he is from Brum :biggrin: )

As it's Mothers day today we've been rather busy with lots of little visitors.

Just finished cleaning up after cooking Mrs Frank a nice dinner. A couple of glasses of red wine and now we are going to relax and watch a dvd.

Mrs Frank says that she didn't smell a thing Den so it must all be in your mind, and she intends to wear a high neck tee shirt the next time we meet !rotfl!

Look forward to the next meet.

just got back from my mums and this afternoon up to my sisters nice to see every one I'll post the photos in a while

(I got on the eye with my good camera and took loads of piccies including the door to under the council house )

Once again nice to meet Denshaw and Limey for the first time and the rest of you reprobates for the second time smile2

Namethem010.jpg

From left Denshaw ,Frank, Limey, Bip and Mrs Frank

Namethem009.jpg

A jet lagged Limey

Namethem008.jpg

Nice tie Den

Nice pictures once again Beefy, glad too you caught my best side, can’t say that about the other reprobates as to use your terminology.

Sounds as if Mick had a wonderful and fulfilling night?

Sorry about the comments Frank about your wifes lower than low vest but one is only human mate after all it’s been a long time….nod nod wink wink…

So when is the next meet up due?

don't make it quite soon not got over changing that twenty for a round of drinks.

Bip.