Nottingham From The Air

There is a special edition of the Bygones from the Nottingham Evening Post out now called Nottingham from the Air part 2,in it there are some fabulous photos of Nottingham from the 1920s to the 60s one showing the Broad Marsh bus station in the 60s.there are also about a dozen photos at the back the Nottingham Evening Post cannot place Iv'e been racking my brains for the last hour trying to place them,worth Buying!

some fabulous photos of Nottingham from the 1920s to the 60s one showing the Broad Marsh bus station in the 60s.there are also about a dozen photos at the back the Nottingham Evening Post cannot place

Any chance anyone with a scanner who gets this publication can post the images?

Thanks!

SR

Not round 'ere it aint

Somebody could buy a copy and post it to me and then I can scan it in!!!!

cool2

I bought a copy yesterday but like a twat I left it outside on me patio table and guess what....it rained, so now I have a wet one.

The photo on page 10 top left is a birds eye view of Long Eaton with Tamworth road winding into the market place. The canal can be seen quite clearly running out towards Stapleford and Sandiacre.

well that's what I recon I see.

Bip.

Post man Pat arrived early today (He must be on a promise) It's a lot bigger than I imagined ,I'll give it a go though.

Thanks Lynn

Mines dried out now thank heavens....thought I'd wasted sixty odd pence..

any new thoughts of page tens picture?

thats wot i know.

Bip.

I am trying to get them on but it is very awkward with the photos being spread over four separate 'scans'

Any way pages 2/3

Bygones.jpg

Bygones001.jpg

Bygones002.jpg

Bygones003.jpg

6/7 It's getting more difficult the bottom left of 7 joins to 6

Bygones013.jpg

Bygones014.jpg

Bygones015.jpg

Bygones016.jpg

Got to pop out for a couple of hours now more later.

I'm having a problem accessing 'Photo Bucket ' at the moment so can't post any more pics. I'll try again in a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

I can see where I lived! Comment made by bygones staff re New Basford made me laugh, I can tell em virtually every facory,road and things of interest, I reckon 1963 as "daft School" still there (no insult intended, just known by that name to everyone) and roof of our garage (ex stable) which went up in flames Nov 5th that year!