Rip off Britain: Part 12...

My son, who lives in Thailand, went to his main dealer to buy a new rear light cluster cover for his Toyota Fortuner - equivalent to our Toyota RAV4...

448 Baht - new and fitted...£6.50!

Cheers

Robt P.

Yes but! Just think of the postal cost to ship that part to England.

I was luckily enough several years ago to go for a two week holiday to Thailand and what I saw them eat would turn ones stomach, if it crawled out of the gutter or from under one bed it was fare game to be eaten.

Basically it was noodles or rice with everything, need I say more?

Bip.

Rubbish...

Thai cuisine is deemed to be one of the most wholesome and varied on the planet...

Whilst it is not especially my scene, I see nothing but comprehensive menu's, not particularly reliant on noodles or rice, whilst over there...

The transit cost of Toyota parts hardly a big factor in a UK price of £100+...Japan and Thailand are more than 2,000 miles apart....apparently most Toyota UK spares are manufactured in Austria

Cheers

Robt P.

Just been reading Bips blog about charities and it reminded me about a chap i knew who went collecting round pubs for a charity. When his box / can was full he used to take his 30% commission and pass it on to the Nottm area office who took their cut. It was passed to Birmingham who took their cut and then on to London who took theirs. For every pound collected Seven pence went to the actual charity. If thats not a rip off i don't know what is.

My pet hate are those organisations who put a slip through the door seeking used clothing, and infer they are charity connected..."will reach the deprived of Eastern Europe" etc...

No sack provided - you provide your own. Recent cases in Bingham of their Transit 'wreck' drivers taking bona fide charity bags left out for pick-up, when their nominated collecting days coincided...

Cheers

Robt P.

I have a regular flyer that comes through our door purporting to be collecting for Africa, yet when you read their leaflet closely there is no actual charity mentioned , so they are taking and selling the stuff you think is going to a good cause , and pocketing the dosh.

There was another flyer that came through a few weeks ago from a scrap merchant asking for certain items , stating that you should just leave it out and they would just take it away, legalised theft this one as he just drove round picking up anything on peoples drives , kids bikes etc, when questioned he produced his flyer and got away with it