Ex Notts guy visiting town needs help on itinerary

I’m hoping to bring my 24year old Son up to Nottingham for a couple of days¸ to show him a bit of the old City ?!

As time will be limited I want to try to work out a bit of an itinerary beforehand.

I want to show him both the old town pubs that are surviving and bits of any ‘Old’ Nottingham that survives.

I left Nottingham in 1970 and I hav’t been to ‘town’ for almost 30 years.

Are there any town pubs left as they were in the late 60’s ?

Are there any bits of old Nottingham left ?

I also want to take him into the caves,,,,, are there a number of people that do tours, or is it down to Nott’m Council ?

I’d also like ideas of Self Catering Accom for a couple of nights, for two non smoking, house trained men (or B&B at a push).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

The entrance to the Broad Marsh caves is down the escalator that runs roughly where Drury hill was, and on the left .

I know I'll get a ribbing but, SWMBO and I enjoyed "The tales of Robin Hood " on Maid Marion Way!! (He's not too old at 24!!)

The Bell in the Square was about the only original pub but I think thats been 'done up' now

Still worth visiting the Lace Market - the old County Tavern is still there but under a different name. Thinky of other pubs that might be worth a visit, the Dragon is still there, as is the Royal Children.

Depending on your length of stay, The Days Inn provides self catering apartments next to the Ice Stadium.

It is the old office block that was next to the Cricketers (knocked down in the name of progress).

http://www.hotels.co.uk/hotel-united-kingd...-nottingham-uk/