Mr Plod strikes again...

I was one of the 400 busted by the police last week in Notts for not wearing a belt. Fair enough...it's the law. But I wonder if the 9 cops it took to pull me in, for breaking a law that hurts nobody but myself,will be out of bed at dawn like me.

Every day on my trip from Nottingham to Mansfield I can guarantee at least 10 cars with only one headlight, some days double that.The one remaining light on most of these motors blinding everybody.

Funny how they do damn all about stuff that is dangerous to others.Cops in that lay by near the Redhill bridge could nick 50 every morning...just think of their targets...they'd all be chief inspectors by Christmas.

Paul.

at least 10 cars with only one headlight, some days double that.The one remaining light on most of these motors blinding everybody.

Yeah - for some reason people think that if they put their single headlamp on full beam the candlepower makes them legal.

Can't believe you don't wear a seatbelt. I mean, what's there to lose?

I got caught up in the traffic jam they caused!!!!!

What a stupid time of day to do it - morning rush hour. Prats.

Well I suppose they could do it in the middle of the night when there's nobody around . . . ;-)

They probably will with their BL88DY cameras.

George O. is spinning in his grave.

Anger as car journey data stored

© Press Association 2008

Civil liberties campaigners have expressed alarm that millions of car journeys are to be stored on a national database for five years.

Already some 10 million journeys a day are being recorded using automatic number plate recognition (ANPR), but this is set to rise to 50 million.

It will be collated at a new National ANPR Data Centre in Hendon, north London, for use by police.

I was one of the 400 busted by the police last week in Notts for not wearing a belt. Fair enough...it's the law. But I wonder if the 9 cops it took to pull me in, for breaking a law that hurts nobody but myselfPaul.

Yes, it's your choice (but probably not advisable)!

Just wish they'd catch the bloke who seems to 'tailgate' me everywhere I drive. Mobile phone in one hand and a fag in the other. Couldn't escape him, even when I took a weeks holiday in Yorkshire last week. Even caught up with me a few times on the M1 !