Regency Suites At Ilkeston To Close

It has come as a bit of a surprise that the powers that be at the co op will be closing The Royal Regency Suites on January 24.

I have heard that they are just going to use the space for storage, but that is only 2nd hand info.

So, New Years Eve will be the final Soul night there, but we change location, and head for The Westgate Suites, Westgate Long Eaton, as ever the last Friday in the month, 8.30 to 1.30.

Expect the usual choice of musical genres, Motown, Northern, Disco, Funk etc

Fondly recall magnificent (and cheapo) lunches in the Regency Rooms during the 60's, when I had the misfortune to be working in Ilko. Their roast lamb was well worth the climb up Bath Street!

My ongoing perversion with mint sauce began there and then...perhaps an excuse for another thread.

bu99er the music...can I have a menu please?

Cheers

Robt P.

My ongoing perversion with mint sauce began there and then...perhaps an excuse for another thread.

That's a mainstream perversion which I possess too Rob. Absolutely love the stuff.

Any gigs on in the more central Notts area, Craig? I'm missing my Northern Soul fix just lately.

• 2 weeks later...
That's a mainstream perversion which I possess too Rob. Absolutely love the stuff.

Any gigs on in the more central Notts area, Craig? I'm missing my Northern Soul fix just lately.

Stu, you missed a cracker last Saturday night, it was at The Polish Club on Sherwood Rise, a total sell out, and a full floor all night, best gig ive done in ages.

The next one there is in March next year, ill post the organisers number a bit later on.

A bit earlier, theres the new soul night starting, with a "taster" on Sat 27th of December at the Westgate Suites, Long Eaton....any good to you?