4.5" Angle Grinder stuff

Hi all,

1/ Adapter:

Is there such a thing as an adapter to allow me to use Flat 4.5" cutting discs on my Bosch angle grinder ?

It usually uses cupped discs,,,, or as I now see are called 'depressed' ?!?! (poor sods).

I have a couple of new diamond discs that I bought for the machine some years ago, so am annoyed that they don't seem to fit now.

2/ Cupped Diamond discs:

Have looked on auction sites for - what I thought would be - a couple of diamond discs for metal cutting, with a depressed centre,,,, but can only see flat ones in diamond form.

so come on guys 'n gals - am relying on you.

cheers

Baz

on mine ya just un-screw the collars right off ....turn em over and screw em back on again and ya now set for flat disks

on mine ya just un-screw the collars right off ....turn em over and screw em back on again and ya now set for flat disks

Mine too!

Mine is a PWS 6-115.

The back collar does come off, but the back of it has an oval recess which fits onto the spindle.

If I turn it over - this mortice & tenon type thing dosn't occur.

Whilst doing this would give me enough clearance,,,,, it just don't seem proper.

Do you have the same model ?

Had a better look,,,,

The 'seating' collet has a almost oval shape recess for the base of the spindle to fit into, to prevent spinning. This isnt threaded & just lifts off.

If I turn it over:

the recess is on the wrong side,,,, & dosn't make a great difference.

The locking collet is of course threaded. One side is flat,,,, the other has a recess that fits into the disc bore.

Popped in B&Q yesterday, they are very very limited in discs, in fact my Penzance branch only has ONE sort of 115cm disc,,,, - of course - it's flat as well as being about 3/16ths" tick..

I rekkon that if I can get another locking collet/plate, would do the trick. Tis thick enough for my needs & has a recess for the disc bore. Are they available as 'spares' ?

thanks guys

I've just stripped it down & cleaned it up.

It is now better than it was but until I try using it am not sure if it is enough. The disc is still very close to the guard.

If there is a specific 'fix' then i'd still appreciate hearing of it, but in the meanwhile, i'll put up with it.

I will try contacting Bosch for a definitive answer.

thanks all for reading,,,,,

Hi Bazzer,

Take the locking nut off and turn it upside down (as if putting it on the wrong way) that should lock your cutting disc in place, (thick disc is for grinding, thin disc is for cutting but the locking nut is the same)

hope this has helped

Rog

ps: never tighten the lock not with the spanner/tool, thats just for loosening