Petrol dearer than Diesel

Just driven past the Priory, I see Petrol at 101.9p and diesel a penny cheaper at 100.9.

Diesel always used to be cheaper than petrol, long time ago though.

But have you seen the price of paraffin? What a rip-off. Seen it regularly at £5 for 5 litres - same price as petrol but no duty involved. Could never afford to heat a greenhouse these days.

Yep those were the daz's when Diesel and Paraffin were tucked away in the corner of the forecourt but not these days when big profits can be made by charging unexplainable and extortionate prices for what once was a very little seller, we even now have to pay if we want the jiblets of a chicken, happy daz’s they were…thank god for nottstalgia.com

Bip.

Diesel cheaper... yey, about time too :)

Been a diesel car driver for years, and was thinking about going back to petrol cos its cheaper, but not now.... I think I'll just have to buy myself a m/c instead

One does get more miles out of a diesel as appose to a petrol engine of the same size therefore the extra cost of diesel out weights the comparative cheapness of petrol….

I changed to a diesel engine Picasso just before the price of diesel started to sky rocket over the price of petrol, made me feel right sick I can tell you watching what I thought was a greener decision and cheaper too go up in smoke so to speak.

At the peak of the price increase I was resorting to putting four litres of Rape seed oil to a full tank of diesel [ only because at the time rape seed oil was cheaper than diesel] did no harm as for as I can tell and the engine still purrs lick a kitten when cruising at seventy five on cruise control and achieving forty five to a gallon. The spanner has just appeared on my electronic dash display so I have now got to change the oil and filter once again.

Bip.

It's true here too - diesel is now about 10c/US Gallon cheaper than gasoline. A few months back it was the other way, with diesel often 40c more than gas. I am hoping this results in a few more diesel cars becoming available - the diesel Focus we rented last time in the UK was amazing!