Now I don't know whether any body has witnessed this , but it only takes (Usually) a week to fully erect a new MacDonalds from scratch as they are mostly prefabricated and just get thrown together. I witnessed this with the one on the ring road at Basford where the Shoulder of Mutton used to be, and my local one here. One Saturday we went shopping at Morrisons and it was a old tatty warehouse , went back to Morrisons the next Saturday and there it was "Grand Opening" !!!

Anyway back to the point . It takes them a week to throw one up , ours has just had a refurbish ment, guess how long that took ?????

Go on guess..........................go on ................go on........................................4 Bloody weeks !!!!!!!

What's it all about eh??

Not that I frequent the place, I'd rather cook our own any day , at least that way I know whats in them !!

A couple of weeks ago we picked up our youth from somewhere or other and he fancied a burger or whatever, against my principles, we had to call in at the local Macs drive in and feeling peckish, I had a chicken burger, much to madams surprise. Quite frankly it was the most overpriced piece of tasteless obnoxious crap I'd ever eaten, I really wanted to take the remnants back and throw it over the counter.

Whatever advertising campaigns these peple do, it's appalling crap. Yesterday, when my pal came over to see me, we went for a butty at our local pub, there was no comparison, it was fantastic food for admitedley a bit more, but what do you say. We had hot bacon and chicken butties on doorstep fresh bread with lovely salad with a well nice dressing, could Macs do that, no way, but what do they care, they are in control, we are supposed to bow down to them, they are much loved for their dog turds in an out of date bun and yet nobody cares.

I care Firbeck. Point blank refuse to take the kids there but the places never seem to be short of customers. I think its often a case of people being ruled by their bellies and not their common sense.

While we are on the subject of fast food in the last 2 weeks i've had at least 11 diff' fast food menue's pushed through the letterbox. I don't use them either for 2 main reasons...... (1) i don't rate the hygiene standards....(2) Most of them are run by Muslims and i don't agree with the Halal method of killing animals and refuse to eat the meat.

I agree in trying not to take the kids that often. Last time we went was on holiday in August, for breakfast, and only because I wanted to use their free WiFi internet connection, (It was £5 an hour in our hotel!! ) But now the bad news, there's a story out today that their kids meals are healthier than a lot of other stuff you buy for them , including "brunch bars!!"

2x bacon and egg mc muffin meals, 2x pancakes and syrup meals , one extra bacon and egg mc muffin, total = £15

Local greasy spoon in Plymouth, 2 kids breakfasts, one medium and one large (Couldn't have eaten the extra large !!) adult breakfast, 2 milk for the kids , four big coffees for SWMBO and I , great value and the food was good two , freshly cooked in full view , the only fat used was to do the eggs! total= £10

Sunday I was working early shift.

The others wanted a McD breakfast, I went along with one of the girls to pick up the food, though I dont like McD.

Notice in the window Mc Chicken £1.19 Cheesburger 99p, Thought I would ask if the offer was on, wise to McD tricks.

Good job I did not order them, I would have paid a higher price. The offer did not start till 1030 am.

On the large poster there is very small writing at the bottom, difficult to see even when sitting at a table next to it.

Impossioble to see from the road before you go through the drive through.

Don't know about over there - but here, McD's do have good coffee - and if you are over 50 you get the "senior special" - coffee is $0.99! As for the rest of their menu - forget it, although in recent years they have tried to make more healthy stuff available - but you have to look hard for it! However, every one here seems to do lots of business - Burger King and Wendy's too - and they aren't much better.

If I must stop for fast food, I prefer Taco Bell!

They do have good coffee, much better than Starbucks, which is so strong it could strip paint. The really good thing about Mc D's is the public bathrooms, you know they've always got one when you're desperate. I call it, having a Mc Pee.