One for you Netherfield folks

It worked O.K. here matey, thanks for sharing . I studied it twice and still didn't see myself playing on the old 'Sidings'

Great stuff, I'm sure I could detect the huge maggot factory chimney in the shots past the oil depot, I'm afraid that I was responsible for getting retrospective planning permission for that and all the rest of the maggot factory buildings, I've carried out surveys all over the country and into Europe, but that one was the worst I ever did, it still makes me want to puke just thinking about it.

That brilliant lets have more (music a bit shite....but)

Glad you liked it.

Music is always a bit of a judgment call. Some might like it others hate it. That particular music is generated within the editing program. There are various styles and you can set it to run the same length as your pictures. Have to be real careful on you-tube and other upload sites. If you use something copyrighted You tube will pull it and I suppose you might even have the legal beagles after you.

Once we get to some of the later stuff it has its own sound track. These were all originally silent movies.

Oh! to have had today's technology back then.

Dave

• 9 months later...

Hello there!

I never lived in Netherfield or nearby but more closer to west sussex....therefore I have a relative who was born in netherfield in the 1950....does the name Merrett ring a bell to someone?

Thanks for any comments....

SORRY MARZIPAN .

THOUGHT YOU WERE STEPHEN MERRET AKA FEZ AS WE USED TO CALL HIM. I MISS READ YOUR POST

BUT YES I REMEMBER HIM AND HIS PARENTS WELL HIS SISTER STILL LIVES IN THE AREA I THINK .

I REMEMBER HIM WELL AS HE LIVED ON THE SAME STREET AS ME ALSO IN THE SAME CLASS AND LATER ON THE ROCKERS SCENE WITH US.

BUT YOUR POST AND THE FILM FROM LOPPY LUGS SRE BROUGHT BACK SOME MEMORIES OF THE GOOD OLD DAYS IN NETHERFIELD.

Not a pbl babs! :)

That's ok! I will talk to him tomoz and tell him about all this! lol...I think it's amazing...really! I do not mind you talking about you...I would love to hear more about it all!

As I said, i'm a friend of his, sorry for the mistakes...I am a French lady :)...I know his sister is still in England, but he rarely talks about her or anything related to his childhood :(...But he did seem amazed when I spoke to him earlier on about this forum! He did take out 2 or 3 names of mates...perhaps you know some of'em?

HERES A FEW MORE NAMES THAT MIGHT JOG STEVES MEMORY A BIT.

PETE RIPON ROBIN HERBETT OR SHERBET AS WE USED TO CALL HIM BOTH AT SCHOOL WITH US AND ON THE ROCKER SEEN LIVED OUR END OF NETHERFIELD BOTH WENT TO THE CARLTON PUB . BYE THE WAY THIS IS SADLY NO LONGER THERE.

FROM SCHOOL WERE PEOPLE LIKE BARRY SEVILLS STEPHEN SHIPMAN BRIAN CODINGTON ,JOHN COY PAUL CAUNT PAT HYNSON JENNIFER UNDER HIL EDDIE WRAGG ALL LIVED ON OR JUST OF DEBIL ST .

MIGHT REMEMBER THE STOOKS TWINS TONY CALADINE A BIT OLDER THAN US BUT ROCKERS FROM GAY CAFE.

PERHAPS FEZ AS REASONS FOR NOT TALKING ABOUT HIS PAST MIGHT MAKE HIM A BIT HOME SICK OR BRING BACK UNHAPPY MEMORIES AS WELL AS THE GOOD ONES BUT SURE WILL TELL YOU ONE DAY IN HIS OWN TIME IF HE WANTS TOO DONT PUSH HIM OR HE MAY CLAM UP ALL TOGETHER. BUT GIVE HIM MY BEST WISHES AND TELL HIM IF THERE IS ANY ONE HE REALLY WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT LET ME KNOW AND I WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO TO HELP. AS I SAY THERE ARE STILL SOME PEOPLE ABOUT WHO I SOMETIMES MEET UP WITH STILL LIVE IN NOTTINGHAM BUT NOT IN THE SAME PART . BUT OCATIONALLY GO TO THE BUTCHERS DOWN THERE TO GET MY MEAT FOR THE FREEZER MICK ROBINSONS BUTCHERS STILL THERE AND PROBERLY ONE OF THE BEST INDEPENDANT BUTHERS IN NOTTINGHAM.AS I SAUD IN PREVIOUS POST MY SPELLING AINT GREAT DO TO DYSLEXIA SO I HOPE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THIS.

Thanks Babs,

Home sick I do not know, since he lost both parents...difficult memories for sure...as for the small sentences he actually mentioned...Thanks for all the names...I think I will give them bit by bit as I text from time to time messages about all this, but does not reply in demand...

He only mentioned the last part, when I took out the nickname of "Moggy" and "Charlie" bounced back saying bad memories :(...I apologised of course, did not mean to hurt such a beautiful person...so yeah...taking it easy...

And for your dyslexia, not a pbl, I understand everything...My princess (daughter :)) has dyslexia and still of our days I reckon they still seem to treat these kids as adnormal! :( And I'm more French than English, so my sentences must be full of different mistakes...and looking at it, firstly i do not take care of it (if needed) and this forum is not here for this!! But only for all of you to talk about your childhood!

Anyway....let's listen to all your beautiful stories! :)

Thanks a lot Babs for your kindness xox

NICE OF YOU TO REPLY SO QUICKLY .

MAYBE LOOSING HIS PARENTS COULD BE PART OF THE PROBLEM WITH HIM BEING SO FAR AWAY MAY BE HE HAS SOME REGRETS ABOUT THIS BUT TAKE IT SLOWLY ONE DAY HE MAY TEL YOU IF HES READY. MAYBE I SHOULD NOT HAVE MENTIONED CHARLIE AND MOGGY WILL SEND YOU A P.M. ABOUT THIS DONT KNOW WHAT HE HAS TOLD YOU ABOUT THIS IF ANY THING.

BABS