Guess What Make Of Car I Bought

Can you remember all the jokes about people buying betamax video recorders in the 70s believing them to be better than VHS?

Well, I bought a brand new car in November, believing it to be good quality, having a 3 year warranty and a manufacturer who would stick around to honour that warranty.

Guess what make it is !

That's right, Caz!

Since November I've taken it back to the dealer for 4 different faults. The car is cr*p and MG Rover doesn't deserve saving!

Bob, in 1985 or there abouts I bought my second new car, it was a Suburu station waggon made in Japan. The car was the quietest car I've ever driven! Electric windows, central door locking, power steering 4wd, high lo range. Fantastic little car! Warrenty ran out, and was getting ready for a long trip, so checked the spark plugs, changed the air and oil filter, did an oil change etc etc. Started the car up and it miss fired and sounded like a big end bearing had gone!

I "limped" into the local dealership and saw the boss there and said it sounded like a big end had gone.

I left it with him and he called me at home to come and pick it up a couple of hours later. Car sounded good, when I asked what he had found, he said nothing! Recommended another oil change and filter change to see iff anything was in the oil, nothing found. He told me he had contacted Suburu Australia who told him they had never heard anything to match this problem. They also said to inform me to drive it normally, IF the engine crapped itself, I was to get the car to a dealer and they would change out the engine FREE OF CHARGE, on condition that they could keep the damaged engine for further investigation!

Not bad to say the car was out of warrenty!

We bought a Suburu station waggon in 1989 here in the States and all that had to be done on it was side windows replaced and window rollers replace as they "etched" the windows.. Great cars!

Guest smithylass

We had a Rover to...and the engine caught fire...it was brand new when we bought it and actually had only had it 18 months when it started smoking..good job my hubby had is hose out... :D

My husband has a 1923 Ford with a Chevy 350 in it. It's a bucket style with no doors, or hood, or fenders, or roof... Quite fun to drive though I must admit (He's only let me drive it once) Before he bought it, he took it for a test drive and got the front tires off the ground!! :o It only weighs about 1000 pounds! Scary fast!! :blink:

I'll send a picture to Mick and see if he can post it.

Done! :D

Mick

post-25-1113628779_thumb.jpg

It's registered as an "antique vehicle". That is the only way we can get away with it not conforming to current laws, such as the seat belt law, and the front bumper law. They do this so you have the right to keep an antique "as it was". Of course there is very little on this car that is "as it was"! It is only legal to drive on roads under that status and it is only allowed to be driven up to 4,000 miles per year. It cannot be used for anything other than for shows or pleasure drive, not for running errands, driving to work, etc. :)

• 4 years later...