Doomed I tell ye

Looks promising!!!! I love the bit on teletext that says , "Now Nott's are in talks with their 264 creditors." Methinks they'll need a big conference suite !!!

Don't wish to hijack - but I thought "teletext" had been discontinued? Is it still up and running?

yes Teletext working ok, Have you seen some of the creditors? Marstons Brewery £100,000, McParland £140,000 plus they,ve (Munto) not paid for no end of away match tickets they sold nor shared cup takings, seems Sven was running here there and everywhere in hired limo with driver, Trembling told Trew £5,000 owed for that, turns out to be over £40,000, He's now called in the police

Looks promising!!!! I love the bit on teletext that says , "Now Nott's are in talks with their 264 creditors." Methinks they'll need a big conference suite !!!

They could use the trophy room for the meeting, its empty at the mo. !laughing!

rotfl.gif

OK , but it was a lot nearer being full (This year only I'll warrant you ) than owt at the sh*tty ground for the last few years!!

now now, don't let's get into that, had to laugh the other day though when there was a fuss re breaking the home wins record, and BBC East Mids saying present manager Jimmy Krankie was a better manager than BC, they omitted the fact Clough and co. were in the first division

Just to lighten up the topic of doom, despite ITV's insistance on showing every Spurs Cup match at the exclusion of most others, I was able to sit in front of my laptop and watch the entire Fulham V Notts Cup match live, free, courtesy of Iraqi television, ITV couldn't even be arsed to show any highlights apart from one Fulham goal, why the match, with English commentary was being shown in Bagdhad was a mystery to me, yes it broke up occasionally and some wierd messages appeared on screen, but the quality was tip top. In case you're wondering, I was tipped off about the site by my sons friend, an Argentine doctor who works in Mansfield, apparently they watch the channel all the time, you can watch virtually any UK match for nowt, not hard to find if you fiddle about on Google.

Just to lighten up the topic of doom, despite ITV's insistance on showing every Spurs Cup match at the exclusion of most others, I was able to sit in front of my laptop and watch the entire Fulham V Notts Cup match live, free, courtesy of Iraqi television, ITV couldn't even be arsed to show any highlights apart from one Fulham goal, why the match, with English commentary was being shown in Bagdhad was a mystery to me, yes it broke up occasionally and some wierd messages appeared on screen, but the quality was tip top. In case you're wondering, I was tipped off about the site by my sons friend, an Argentine doctor who works in Mansfield, apparently they watch the channel all the time, you can watch virtually any UK match for nowt, not hard to find if you fiddle about on Google.

I've watched several matches by that method using that site and a few others. I don't want to breach any forum rules by naming any but they are prevalent around the Internet and are now of much higher quality than they used to be. A good place to find links for them is in some football club independent forums where in my experience people often post up a link for them on or near match day.

Was anybody barmy enough, like me, to stay up and watch the BBC League football highlights on Saturday night.

The Notts coverage was quite a treat, lots of interviews with fans, manager, directors, et al and a decent match coverage compared to the rest, well done BBC.

Just one comment, why are Notts fans shown as such a bunch of old boys, is it for real, or was it simply a case of looking for the sympathy vote, nowt wrong with that either, but I did'nt feel that it made the club look particularly forward looking.

Well that;s typical, think the BBC and others like to promote the old fashioned image of some clubs (rightly or wrongly) remember the Accrington Stanley advert etc? My view is "real" fans, not the plastic fair weather ones

Well if thats the case the 'real' fans will soon all end up supporting the club by having their ashes scattered around the ground, it'll make home games very quiet.

I watched it too and recorded it and I think it's on the BBC sport page too, !!!

Do you remember the bit where he asks a bloke if he remembered Knots Landing ??? well that's my mate Pete and when I used to go to the match I used to sit where he still sits and play cards !!!

Do you remember the bit where he asks a bloke if he remembered Knots Landing ??? well that's my mate Pete and when I used to go to the match I used to sit where he still sits and play cards !!!

Were the matches that exciting then, sorry, but I remember taking my son to his first England International at Wembley, V Brasil, he nagged me to go. First bit was exciting for him, but then I had to get the Lego out the rucksack and build stuff, I wasn't that enthusiastic about doing that, but he was only young at the time.

I took him to see Notts not long after, I recall some old boy in front of us playing 'County Songs' on a crappy old guitar, it may have put our youth off going to matches for life, I suspected at the time that I got away without a pension card being shown at the gate, no insult meant to the club by the way.

I meant in the Meadow Club before the match , ya wally !!

I know really, just in a bad mood moaning state today, that bar in the old east stand was a gem, it should have been preserved for posterity, did you ever go in there, you must have done, we loved it. I reckon all the over developed grounds should have retained one of their old stands, just to allow us to remember what football supporting was all about, for better or worse.

Which ground are you at ?? Meadow lane had , Main , County Road , Spion Kop and Lane End stands , no East stand, I used to go in the one under the County Road stand (Owned by the supporters club) for a quick one before the game, then you could pre order a couple for half time and they were ready for you to sup straight away!!

I've just been making the arrangements, and I'm going to see (weather permitting of course) two Notts matches in one week !!!!! Monday 15th they are on telly against Bournemouth , then on the Saturday the father in law is taking me to Crewe to make up for us not going on the Carlisle-Settle 'Steamie' Woo hoo!!!

englandflag.gif