I've just read on face book that people are having to remove England flags from their houses in Nottingham (Clifton too) over Health and Safety issues, there's something about a 70 year old woman that has been told to remove one, has anybody else heard anything??

(That's the only details I have so far)

I've just found this:-

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Granny-s-tears-council-cuts-World-Cup-flags/article-2171471-detail/article.html

The way it was reading on facebook was that it was all over Nottingham!!

Here you go:

http://www.thisisnot...il/article.html

Note the "across Sturgeon Avenue..." bit - I could certainly see a situation where that could be dangerous.

I had an "invitation" on Facebook, that at first glimpse looked as if it was a fact that England shirts and flags would not be allowed to be worn, or flown.

On "Googling" it, it was total cobblers, just some weird person/people putting "spin" on a situation, to make it look as if the Asian population had complained about it, which was not factual.

I'm afraid that there are a few people who voted in a certain way, who are responsible for this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had an "invitation" on Facebook, that at first glimpse looked as if it was a fact that England shirts and flags would not be allowed to be worn, or flown.

On "Googling" it, it was total cobblers, just some weird person/people putting "spin" on a situation, to make it look as if the Asian population had complained about it, which was not factual.

I'm afraid that there are a few people who voted in a certain way, who are responsible for this.

That's disconcerting. Probably an exceptional member of the so called 'English Defence League' (exceptional because he/she has managed to lift their knuckles from the floor, onto a computer keyboard). Personally, I like to remind them wherever possible that St George was from Turkey and his mum was a Palestinian :)

There's so much BS and faux-outrage on this topic of flag-removal, especially from DailyMail-Land and from the mainstream media in general that I think it's just best to completely ignore it. Most people don't seem to know what the flag represents anyway and would be horrified/appalled if they witnessed the things that are done in the name of this State (1.3 million dead Iraqi's anyone?)