found this in my loft

CIMG2766.jpg

its full of old adverts and trivia and puzzles

also found this at the mother in laws house

its a reprint of the first ever Evening post from 1878, its all folded up, but in good condition

ebay3004.jpg

decided to put them on ebay and see if they would sell, not exactly goldmine stuff, but must be worth something

My hubby colects anything and everything we came across some editions of Photoplay a mag that used to tell you all about flims and the actors, early 1960s hes had them for years i want to bin them but i am not allowed lol

Man landed on the moon...I bought every daily paper including the Morning Star...rolled 'em up in brown paper and sellotape and put 'em in the loft.20 years later on leaving home I went up there....gone.The old lady had been passed them by a plumber and "Just being a load of old papers" they finished up in the bin.Hundreds of old family photos went the same way.Including dozens of old Nottingham.

Ruddy women just can't keep their damned hands off anything they can chuck into landfill.

Memories of your childhood??....Not if a female has anything to do with it.

I've lost loads of things that way!! Including all my old CB radio stuff (And there WAS a few bobs worth there) a collection of the first 10 editions of VIZ , and anothe adult comic called Smut, my old stamp album (Including the first day covers , which alone I had valued at £400 in 1990!!) Mothers eh!!

Incedentally I had a copy of that pub fun book

These old mags of ours are collecters items now we even have some old superman and Batman comics the US versions in strip format wonder what they are worth now, i wouldnt really bin them but we are running out of space my box room is full

i wouldnt really bin them but we are running out of space my box room is full

There’re two ways to empty a box room either move to a smaller holding were is you’re forced by diminished dimensions to thin out your junk or move to a property with larger box room

!englandflag!

Maybe i should buy the house next door as it will be for sale soon then i can put all the collectables in there, plus our music collection (LPs)

Maybe i should buy the house next door as it will be for sale soon then i can put all the collectables in there, plus our music collection (LPs)

Sounds perfectly respectable but wouldn’t a shed from the shed fixer man be more cost effective?

!englandflag!

Man landed on the moon...I bought every daily paper including the Morning Star...rolled 'em up in brown paper and sellotape and put 'em in the loft.20 years later on leaving home I went up there....gone.The old lady had been passed them by a plumber and "Just being a load of old papers" they finished up in the bin.Hundreds of old family photos went the same way.Including dozens of old Nottingham.

Ruddy women just can't keep their damned hands off anything they can chuck into landfill.

Memories of your childhood??....Not if a female has anything to do with it.

is there a hint of bitterness in those words?

i know of a good councillor

!englandflag!

Dead right there is...made me flaming mad losing memories...school books and art work included.

Why my old lady had to chuck things away for no reason I don't know.She was born extremely poor so I would have been inclined to hoard.Childhood memories can't be replaced,My Brother left home early and has kept all his stuff over the years...school books,stamp collection,Ian Allen trainspotting books etc....Me,nothing.

And the spelling is counsellor.

Because he has a black French car?? thumbsup

Sounds perfectly respectable but wouldn’t a shed from the shed fixer man be more cost effective?

!englandflag!

The yard isnt big enough, and anyway it would mean i could get away from "him indoors" for a few hours lol

Because he has a black French car?? thumbsup

Exchanged for an Italian death-trap apparently...or is it??

...on 07 January 2010 - 06:58 PM, said:

"... busy at the present polishing his new silver Porsche 911 his Picasso has gone..."

...Posted 23 January 2010, 06:27 PM, said:

"...he says the pain goes after the second pint, nor is it stopping him driving the Picasso".

Cheers

Robt P.

Guest Flatcap Driver Rides Again

Porsche 911 you say!

Must ave some money? Thats what I say.

Me electric scooter is all I can afford, and thats

only because I get the dissability!

Exchanged for an Italian death-trap apparently...or is it??

...on 07 January 2010 - 06:58 PM, said:

"... busy at the present polishing his new silver Porsche 911 his Picasso has gone..."

...Posted 23 January 2010, 06:27 PM, said:

"...he says the pain goes after the second pint, nor is it stopping him driving the Picasso".

Cheers

Robt P.

Hmmm, I missed that one Rob, must have spent the money from the house he sold.