Well done England

Great result in the second test

Dame Edna Everage, Kylie Minogue, Rolf Harris, Sir Les Patterson , can you hear me, your boys took one hell of a beating !!............ icon_e_biggrin.gifenglandflag.gif

I've heard a serious rumour that they're trying to persuade Shane Warne to come out of retirement to play in the next test, honest!

Perhaps we'll see the Chappel brothers, Alan Border et al dragged out too, don't be too complacent, they could do a Barnstoneworth United, there must be a Gordon Ottershaw in Oz.

Imagine, 'There could be coaches from Leeds'.

Golden Gordon,

Hide the mantle clock mam! (young Barnstoneworth)

eight bloody none, (Gordon Ottershaw)

Ooh I love scrap (Arthur Foggen

Rog

Golden Gordon,

Hide the mantle clock mam! (young Barnstoneworth)

eight bloody none, (Gordon Ottershaw)

Ooh I love scrap (Arthur Foggen

Rog

'Shorts don't matter'

'I can play, I can show them a thing or to'

'I'm sure you can Mr Dainty, but thats not what we've come to see'

'Obsessed I call it'

'A consignment of bogies from the Midland Railway'

Hands up who's never seen Golden Gordon, the best comedy football TV, film, whatever, ever made, well, in mine and possibly Rog's opinions. You can run through it on Youtube, I have it on DVD, have watched it countless times and it still cracks me up, the phrases from the prog are used in this house every day, not just from me.

Thanks for your info', hadn't realised it was on DVD...

Earlier issues seem rather expensive, so I've pre-ordered a reissue - which isn't due out until June 2011!

Cheers

Robt P.

Thread sabotage, sorry!

I gather that the Oz (I can hear an approaching Chinook, sorry), supporters are offering Shane £1m to play in the next match but the Aussie Cricket Board won't have it.

Why not give him a go, he always was a bit of a lardy, but I'm sure he can't have lost his amazing knack of spinning, it wouldn't arf give the test series a great boost on their behalf. I wouldn't be surprised if he's back assuming the result isn't favourable for them in the next test.

Could be an advantage to the Aussies, could be a great comeback story also, I'm all for that, get in there Shane, you have to appreciate a great cricketer whatever side he's on. Shanes 41, how old were Ray Illingworth and Brian Close (taking bouncers on unprotected head from the Windy fast bowlers) when they last played for England?