Camera/ Picture help please

Daft question time again but hopefully someone will know.

How do I send a copy of a picture I have taken to someone ?? Not just attatching it to an email as that compresses them and they remain compressed for the recipitant, If you send a link to the flickr / photobucket version again they are compressed and (Particularly photobucket) are not really generous with their resolution.

No I want to send a copy of a jpeg image I took a while back, to somebody all 2.3 meg worth, any help would be much appreciated.

(It may just be Yahoo mail that compresses them down , I used to be able to send pictures "Full Bore" as it were , but their new system does the compression thing!!)

I think different email systems compress to varying degrees, as you've discovered

I know it's a bit more long-winded but you could put the photos on a memory stick or a disk and send that by real post

Or have you tried sites such as yousendit Ultimately you have to pay, but you can probably get a few weeks of trial offer - see their 'lite' section

They don't compress because they are used by business organisations for sending all kinds of work-related documents. I know because I've used them

I just usually send it as an attachment.

Thanks folks .

I've actually found an App in my yahoo mail account that seems to send the pics "Full bore" as it were . I'm waiting to hear back from the recipitent to see if they've got them ok.

Some mail systems recognise the file extension then compress it if it is a picture, etc. A possible solution is to change the .jpg extension to something odd - say .bfy - then send it as an attachment with instructions to the recipient to change it back to a .jpg

It's worth a try.

What about sending as a BMP or less lossy TIFF file???