As I mentioned just over a year back, I had been pulled out of radio retirement, to do the once a week soul show on a smaller station than the ones I had previously been on...Trent....who? you know who I mean! Century Gem, in AM form etc.

Anyway, I now am back on air five days a week (ouch!) hosting "The East Midlands Biggest Request Show! on Ambersound FM 107.2, based in Ripley, serving The Amber Valley, and further afield, in fact I was in Beech Avenue and picking it up loud and clear in the car the other day!

It's also on the usual www.ambersoundfm.com, so tune in and have a song played, all you need to do is text me on 60300, start the message Amber, leave a space, and then your request, name etc!

If you do, try and mention Nottstalgia, but keep the message short as the type of system we use only allows a certain amount of words per text.

Congratulations! I now have a cell phone with data service - so I can actually receive internet radio service anywhere (provided I have cell service) - which means I can listen in the car!

Very cool - I hope you enjoy the new job!

Perfect! That would be breakfast time over here!

Hmmmm..... Wonder if I can get it on the TV through the Wii - I'll give it a try!

I tuned in from D*rby today, poor signal.

No improvement along the a52 or here at Sawley?

Great tunes played and the presenter this afternoon reminded me of Chris Ashley?

Never did work there apparently ! He just gave his name to support them whilst they were starting up

I had a good chat with him on the old "Dog and Bone" a while ago and he's happily doing the voice for "Talking books" for an American Author who used to listen to him on BBC Radio D*rby via the internet out in the states.

This author (Who's name Paul wouldn't give ) is quite prolific, so prolific in fact that he built Paul a studio so that he could 'work from home' !!

I see Tom Clancy has a new 'Audio book' out at the moment !!

Thanks Val! And Mick, the signal theoretically should only cover the Amber Valley, but it does stretch, I was on Nottingham Rd New Basford last Sunday getting my car washed and it was coming across loud and clear.

The way to listen if you're outside the region (Limey!) is via www.ambersoundfm.com. In fact I had a listener today from Queensland Oz, one from Stabbo, and another from Highbury Vale.

No, had it on the PC. Allan just tried the squeezebox, and it works OK on that as well. Now listening to you as I do the ironing! Wondering who is on the picture is on the squeezebox!!

Cannot get it you on the radio though.

Val

From what Ive heard of it, its a great oldies station.

Puts me in mind of Radio Caroline, and not just because it sounds like its on AM

There seem to be some good presenters, and they play stuff I havnt heard in years.

Not sure if I have heard our Craig yet?

Val, good to see Alan has you trained!! (joke!)

The pic on the Squeezebox will sometimes display the DJ on air, but many don't, and you just get a generic symbol or similar, you should have texted me and I'd have given you a mention!

Mick, we play an across the decades selection, with a far bigger selection played than any other station, especially those like Capital, where you will hear the same damn song every 3 minutes I believe!

I nm still on the soul show for the next 2 weeks, so hurry and listen before I hand it back to who gave it me originally!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been listening to it since this thread was posted,

Its a great station despite the poor reception at times.

Turn the wick up!

dunno who the bloke was as I drove home at 10pm tonight,

but he played a load of Cr4p!