Pay and Display in West Bridford

Just a word of warning....

Rushcliffe Borough Council has changed the way you buy tickets for pay and display car parks. You now have to enter the digits from your car registration and there is also an option to buy an advance ticket for the evening period. It is quite easy to press the wrong button while you are trying to get it to accept your car reg digits (especially if you only have one digit) or if you are trying to get your money back to start again. There is also the added pressure of some know it all behind you who starts pressing buttons on your behalf or of you have a toddler with you...

The result is that you could end up with a ticket for the evening which isn't valid for the afternoon and you get slapped with a big fine....

Be warned!

I had a similar experience buying a train ticket from a machine.

Whist trying to figure it out a block appeared on the screen with

an arrow pointing down to the BUY button, This obscured the

screen so I could not see what choice I had made.

I wanted a second class Return to Dottingham.

I pressed it to find that I had bought a single (10p less than a return)

I had to buy a further single to get back!

Could have been worse I suppose, I could have bought a single

to Nanpanton!

In Beeston the first hour is free, but you have to get a ticket from the machine and display it, a lot get caught out this way,the people that patrol the car parks are very keen, I think they must be on some kind of bonus scheme.The same people enforce the on street parking, I have seen them ticket delivery vans and lorries.