5 days to go...

The Woodlark at Lambley has a roaring fire in the little bar in winter and welcomes dogs.

I'll take SWMBO next time we're in town <weg>

It's heartening to see that there are still a few public houses that have not been completely "Traditionalised".

Just changing the subject.. BNQ are doing 75% off all christmas stuff if anyone needs anything.. \snip\

Alas, I live 110 miles north of my nearest B&Q [inverness] :o(

Like a visit to the Star at West Leake in '76...Two of my mates,contract farm workers called in on a blazing hot day with a raging thirst.

They were refused service as they appeared 'not to be appropriately dressed' The pub was full of the Volvo brigade chomping on Ploughmans Lunches.....but they denied service to the only two ploughmen in the pub... :blink:

Last I heard, "The Star" at West Leake was closed! It is locally referred to as "Leake Pit House" because, many years ago, it was the location of the local cock pit!

Many years ago (1970's) it was a great pub!

The Woodlark at Lambley has a roaring fire in the little bar in winter and welcomes dogs.

..Is this place still called the woodlark or is it the one thats now called the 'Lambley'? On the corner of catfoot lane & at the bottom of spring lane?

No, the Lambley restaurant is what used to be the Nags Head. Further down the main street is the Robin Hood and finally, turn left into Church Street and the Woodlark is up past the church on the left.

No, the Lambley restaurant is what used to be the Nags Head. Further down the main street is the Robin Hood and finally, turn left into Church Street and the Woodlark is up past the church on the left.

ooooh yeah, i know where you mean now haha silly me!