Famous folk Notts. connections

Just chanced upon this bit of gen on Wikipedia:

"Julie Felix married David John Evans in Nottingham register office on 29 January 1966..."

It brought to mind that Gary Sobers, one of the greatest all-rounders in world cricket history also married in a Nottingham register office (Basford). I wonder how many other famous folks are connected to Notts. in a similar way?

My mate Cliff got married in the one on Sherwood Street in around 1992. And for fear of sounding stereotypical and racist it was like a 70s pimps convention , Zoot suits , flares, platform shoes the works (and that was just the women !!) .....LOL

I was married for the first time in Basford registry office in January 1969 and then a second time in Sherwood Street in August 19983. I divorced for the second time in March 1989 and met my present SWMBO in 1990 - we have lived together without marriage since 1991. I don't think I'll risk marriage again, it's bad for the relationship!

I beg your pardon - Yes it was the Shakespeare street one. A quiet do: just me, the lady and two witnesses. Went into the Vic centre for a tea and sticky bun afterwards and then back to work in the afternoon.

That's amazing! Do you know how long she was there? I assume that the dates include 1966, since she was married in Nottingham then?