I am told that the junction of Ilkeston Road and Radford Boulevard was known to generations of tram and bus conductors as Damnation Corner - the four corners being occupied by a school, a church, a pub and a pawnbroker's shop.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is part of a Radford street map posted some time back...1920s I need the area to the right of Ilkeston Road....Cobden street/Salisbury Street area. 1920s would be great...but any other periods f

Here's 1920-ish. Note the lack of Raleigh, who would appear at the bottom where the "Allotment Gardens" are. Incidentally, you may not be aware of this http://www.old-maps.co.uk/maps.html which is

That's what I was looking for...a big house with extensive gardens in the middle of the terraces...Now I've got to find who lived there.

its ammazing how many of us nottsalgia members have ancestors who lived in radfordboth sides of my family lived in radford at some point as did daves dads family when they first came to live in nottingham all in late 1800s early 1900s although it was a small subberb it was very heavily populated. but i often wonder if any of these families did meet or know each other.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably.

I sat next to a guy at a business seminar, only when it finished did I speak to him, and I had worked at the same place as him for 20 years.

And met him a few times during that time.

how many times dose this happen in life i went out on saturday to wetton mill in derby shire sat on the next table was a lady i thought was very familiarbut could not think who she was turns out we used to work together at boots we knew each others faces but could not remember names or were from.

• 2 weeks later...