• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trivia time, we all know that a maverick is an unbranded cow or bull in Texas. They were named after the cattle of the Maverick family whose cattle were allowed to roam free (as were many others) duri

I know that feeling well. Debbie Harry is 67 in a few weeks time !! She helped many a youth of my age group through puberty ......

Roy Rogers. Michael Booth...Cisco Kid was the first show I saw on that danged, ornery newfangled TV.

#75 Sugarfoot was played by Will Hutchings

There was a western series in the 1960s that was my favourite, only because I liked the main title music - more classical than cowboy. The opening credit sequence featured a illustrative drawing of a locomotive, with the music playing over it. Anyone recall the title of the series - it might be on YouTube?

Casey Jones..... or is that too obvious ?

Maybe 'The Iron Horse ' starring Dale Robertson ?

No, none of those. The locomotive depicted in the opening credit sequence was a drawing, not a film. In the back of my mind is a title LEGENDS OF THE WEST. Could it be this?

Found it on YouTube. It was called Legends of the West, and the series was made in 1954-1955. It starred Jim Davis as Matt Clark, railroad detective. The opening credit do not show the drawing of the railway engine (must be in another series), but the music is as I remembered it - really good for a western.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...