These beautiful old buildings will no longer be open to the public from April due to yet more cuts by our council, at the moment they are open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and if you go to the Castle on a weekend and you buy a ticket to enter you get in the Brewhouse for free as on a weekday if you live in the Nottingham area you get in for a £1. This councilor who will remain nameless has decided it is costing too much to keep open and he will save in the region of £40,000 a year off their budget no prizes for guessing where that money is going to go ................. These buildings have been standing proud since the 1600s they are well matained and full of history, now they will only open them to school parties and if they can get a group of people over 10 in number to look around

When i volunteer at the Castle we get a lot of visitors from overseas mainly the states and they always say how nice it is too see our old buildings and museums we lost our costume museum not so long ago and our lace shop and they are both up for sale now

Read about this and think it's a disgrace. Love the Brewhouse Yard Museum and have been there several times with visitors to the area. It's great that it's in the vicinity of the Castle and The Trip too.

These people are not to be trusted with Nottingham's heritage. Soon there will be little left.

i volunteer at the Brewhouse as well have been there today doing research in the archives it is a bleddy disgrace i love going round there that councilor wants to get back to reality and come back to the real world

It's a shame about the Brewhouse Yard but look what they did to Drury Hill in the 60s and the Flying Horse at a later date. Things don't change.