Who's new missus? She made me laugh out loud so much ''SHE STOLE MY WATCH!!''

...Anyone watch it when it was based in nottingham last time a couple of weeks back? Is it bad that me & my partner know 'Drainy' The drunk guy in city centre, most memerable line from when he was on ''Do you mind spitting your cheese sandwich at me when your talking to me?'' I only know him from seeing him round town, Shouting at people...This program sometimes makes me ashamed to be a notts gal! Hearing the 'chavs' talk in their chavvish ways just makes me shudder!

I stand corrected, HE stole her watch.

...Iv seen every episode since the seriese started, Wich ones her new mr? Oooh im all interested now. GOSSIP!

The woman arrested for having a gun, is my ex-husbands new mrs...completely bonkers....they make a wonderful couple..lol

...I guess you can sit back & laugh though!

I got round to watching the second Nottingham episode of this documentary series later last night. It makes for compelling viewing, only partly because it's based in areas we all know. Whilst hopefully being able to take a balanced view on the way the police force operates, I have to say I wouldn't fancy the difficult job these officers have in dealing with some absolute antisocial scum.

I was interested in reading the piece below on Facebook today by an anonymous former Community Protection Officer. I understand the article had been written intending to put the police's side by being published in the Nottingham Post. Unfortunately the Post decreed that he would hae to be named and pictured alongside the article - something he was not willing to do for the sake of his and his family's personal safety.

Here it is:

'As a former Community Protection Officer I have worked with the Police and seen “the job” from their point of view. Channel 4’s Coppers has been a very frank look at the way modern day Policing gets conducted on a day to day basis. What has to be kept in mind however is the footage shown has generally been the “sexy side” of the job and for every arrest there is probably at least 2 hours of paperwork to complete to go with it.

There have been a lot of negative comments on how the programme has given Nottingham a bad image and the previous show following the Armed Response Unit will give the city the dreaded nick name “Shottingham”. I actually think it does the opposite. It shows that Nottinghamshire Police take gun crime seriously and has the facilities to deal with any firearms incidents that happen. Every City has a crime problem and dealing with the people that cause these problems is never going to be pretty.

Does the programme show a true representation of the majority of People in the city? No! Of course not! The majority of people aren’t in day to day contact with the Police and being locked up for threatening families by pointing a firearm through the window over a wrist watch. The decent people in this City aren’t allowing their 14 year old children to get drunk in the street and get into a position where they end up wresting with Police Officers. The good people of Nottingham aren’t trying to bite Police officers legs whilst being tasered! Most in Nottingham are decent people and don’t ever come in to negative contact with the Police for anything more than a traffic stop. I actually believe that to a certain extent this is the route of the problem. The general public don’t have enough day to day contact with the Police and therefore don’t see what sort of a struggle it can be to wade through the red tape and also continue the cycle of arresting the same people time and time again for the courts to give them a slap on the wrist and tell them not to do it again!

When the troubles in the summer were kicking off I set up a Facebook page called “Supporting Nottinghamshire Police against the idiots trying to start riots.” In the space of a few days it got over 10,000 likes! It now has over 12,000. The comments on there have for the most part been very positive towards the series.

Helen Cartwright-furness “am enjoying watching coppers on channel 4....it shows what crap they have to put up with on a day to day”

Pete Riley - Police deserve medals as big as dustbin lids. Thank god they're there for decent people.

Vikki Forster – “I think the programme is very good and if people don't like the views expressed well there are lots of channels or the off switch!! I think it's a damming verdict from the judiciary when they say the police should expect / put up with the abuse they get!! A sad indictment of today's society!!”

Emma Goodfellow - the job isn’t just about stupid little people like what was on the TV. What about the dead people they find , the road accidents, the child abuse and lots more. If you can do their job better than join the police and see for yourselves what it is really about.

These are only a small number of the positive comments written by people who support Notts Police and believe like me that the programme is a positive thing.

I have chosen to stay anonymous on the Facebook page and in this article for my own and my family’s protection as I often post photos of wanted people to try to help catch them.'