Walked into the kitchen the other night to a rank smell of wet dog, the smell was so thick it made me heav! Weve never owned a dog and still dont now.. Called my partner in to smell it, but as he got to the kitchen, the smell was gone! Strange..

...Got talking to a neighbour, found out the people who lived here before the last people had a dog but it passed away.. Lived its whole life here apparently. Strange.

I was on holiday in Forida in 94 with a certain Mick2me, one morning we went for an 'All you can eat' breakfast in a diner in Kissime. I heard a voice behind me saying "I recognise that voice" it was my mate Martin (who was the resident DJ at the QE at the time) Around 4,500 miles !!

A few years earlier I was on "The Jolly Rodger" pirate cruise in Barbados and bumped into the mother of a lad I went to junior school with ! She recognised me , I'd love to say I knew her too , but sadly, I didn't.

...Got talking to a neighbour, found out the people who lived here before the last people had a dog but it passed away.. Lived its whole life here apparently. Strange.

Pixie; take a look at my post in "Great British Drink" entitled Railway tea. In paraggaph 7 there is a coincidence that might interest you about naming race horses.

My late Dad used to drive for a living, he was working for Parazone the bleach company who had a factory down Netherfield or Colwick, don't recall now.

It was during the peasoupers, he set off on a "nightout", or as he'd call it a dodgy nightout, he preferred his own bed to B&B's.

He had hit the fogs coming down to Nottingham, and was in Daybrook when he decided it was just thick to drive anymore, so parked up. He would pick the truck up in the morning early if the fog had lifted and keep to the backroads so as not to be spotted by anyone from work, park up at home and take the truck into the depot late afternoon.

Fog wasn't bad next morning, so he caught the bus and arrived at where he'd parked up, he nearly dropped through the cracks in the pavement slabs, just a few cars down from his truck was one of his bosses cars!!

Years later, he didn't know if his boss had seen the truck, a very large van with a huge Parazone sign on either side.... He said nobody said anything or even "nudge nudge wink wink" at the depot, so he just went on as usualy.

T'was indeed 94 (World cup was on) I went again in 2002 and mixed up the years!

• 1 month later...

Here's a long shot: I discovered a dead Blue Tit in my garden a few weeks ago. It had a ring so I reported the death. I have just received the British Ringing Team report on the bird: It was ringed at Barrock House in North Caithness....My address before I moved here to Watten 18 years ago!

Back in 1984 my then girlfriend's friend had a boyfriend who was writing a book in Lancashire. He promised me a free copy of the book when published but they eventually married and moved away, as did my girlfriend and I. I then forgot all about the book. A few weeks ago I was rummaging through the second-hand books in a charity shop in the far north of Scotland and lo! I found a copy of his book amongst them. So, I eventually got my copy although it cost me 50p :o)