Two years ago someone I once knew had a book published. I began reading it last Sunday night. On Monday morning I heard he died in his sleep on Sunday night!

How spooky!

I once had a dream where my partners new phone didnt work, The screen was black and it just didnt work. That morning he woke, i told him about my dream.. he picked up his phone n told me not to be so silly - guess what. The touch screen wasnt working & then the screen went black as he put it on charge!

..That Apache helicopter that crashed last week? I had a dream a few nigths before that a helicopter was above my street, the body (not the propellers) were spinning out of controll, it was leaning right forward and back again. I told my mum & partner about how strange my dream was.. Couple of days later, im watching the news and the Apache helicopter was doing exactly what happend in my dream!!

Another dream, I dreamt my friend had a car accident in a field, there were no roads in my dream at all, just his car in a mess and him ringing me asking me to help. I rang him to tell him about my crazy dream to have a laugh about it, He told me he had an accident in his car on a country lane, he ended up in a field and then hit a tree, his car was a total right off...

As youv guessed, i have bizarre dreams!

Haha wish i could!

Me & my mate were house sitting for their poorly gran a few years back, she was taken to hospital earlier that week & we both offered to stop for a couple of nights, get it nice and tidy, clean & do the garden for her arrival back home. the second night there at 2:40am we heard some furniture moving around downstairs, we assumed it was next door so tried to get back to sleep. We then heart footsteps, creaking noises, doors closing and opening, etc... That morning we had my friends mum nocking on the door around 6am.. We answered, we then found out at 2:39am my friends Gran sadly passed away. Admittedly, i was quite freaked out by it but im sure it was her grans way of saying 'thank you for trying to help'

• Upvote 1

Long-shot:

I used to Morris Dance....Ok, when you've all stopped laughing I'll get on with it: Our musician was one Ian R. He came to Nottingham from Middlesborough where he was a musician for a sword dance team and played for us until after I left for a job in Ethiopia. Before I left he composed a tape of Morris tunes and songs for me to listen to whilst abroad. I had a house up a mountain side in the outskirts of Addis Ababa and my only neighbour was a Russian woman called Ludmilla. One evening I was playing the tape when there was a knock at the door. When I opened it a man said "Hi, I'm Mick P., I know that voice - it's Ian R isn't it?" "It certainly is" I replied "But how do you know that?". "I used to play accordian with him in a place called Guisborough; I was just visiting my lady friend Ludmilla when I heard the voice and wondered what the hell he was doing here." Long shot?! That's not all.....When I returned from living abroad some five years later I was watching TV in the Orkney Isles when who should come on but Ian R and Mick P playing together at a sword dance in a village on the Yorkshire Moors, filmed about ten years earlier!

Now THAT'S a long-shot.

Sorry to be a slight kiljoy on one of your tales the Pixie but hat Apache crash happened either in early February this year, no casualtiesto report, although the pilot is in deep doo doo for 'show boating' a "Return to target" manouver in thin air; or it happened in May last and the pilot was killed. (Depending on which report you believe)

My own story of wierd coincidence concerns my wedding ring (Or 'Ball and Chain' as I think of it .....LOL)

It happened a good few years ago BK , (before kids) when I was a long distance lorry driver. I was driving back to base after a long, long run (I'd been away for 5 days and nights) and suddenly noticed my wedding ring was missing, I looked all round the cab, to no avail, and, as I never take it off, resigned myself to the fact that I had managed to lose it somewhere 'on the road' between Crewe-Dusseldorf-Crewe.

On returning home I told SWMBO of my dillema and we put it down to experience and decided that next time we were in Nottingham I'd buy a new one. a few days later, on my day off, I was having a well deserved lie in (That's my opinion I know) and I drempt I'd found my missing ring, I opened my eyes to find my arm down inside the pillow case on SWMBOs pillow and sure enough I was clasping my wedding ring !!! Now I've never (To my knowlege) slept with my arm inside her pillow before that morning or since, so as I say WEIRD

Really?? I never heard about it untill it was shown on the tv this week, im sure it was on the news.. But half the time im podding through life on 'Auto pilot' i still found it wierd when i saw it after my dream...

You're right about it only just making the news , as I said , they can't even make up their mind when it actually happened ! I only heard about it the day before it appeared on telly !

I was at Predannack Wallas in Cornwall on detachment from RAF Wattisham in 1972 and finished my shift early one Friday evening so I set off home on my motorbike. Nottingham was a long way from Predannack in those days before the motorway beyond Bristol and the poor A roads elsewhere.

I usually went home via the A30 because it was a better and faster route than the A390. However, for no particular reason I chose the A390 that evening and somewhere near Buckfastleigh (can't remember exactly where) I saw two hitch-hikers....my mate and his girlfriend from West Bridgford. They hadn't meant to be on that road but got a lift that dropped them off there. I ferried them, one at a time, to the nearest pub and we had a session before the pitched tent for the night. I got home the following morning!

Talking of hitch hiking , you remind of a few coincidences that happened to me. The first time was in 1987/8, I had driven a Transit van load of stuff to London and got back to Nottingham , to be told I had to take a 7.5 tonner up to Leeds , I had to do it as I was the only one who hadn't been 'on tacho' that day and therefore in the eyes of the law had a full days driving that I could still do. I didn't mind as it meant that for the first time I got to do the whole of the M1 in both dirrections in a day! Anyway ,the journey up passed with out incedent , on the way out of Leeds at the begining of the M1 there was a bloke hitching (Trade plater) Our gaffer didn't let us stop for them but we always did as it helped us pass the time. He was on his way home to Northampton, so I dropped him at Trowel services.

About 2 years later , again I had taken a Transit to London and on returning was told (for the same reason as before) to take a wagon up to Leeds, and yup on the return leg there at the start of the M1 in Leeds was this same bloke hitching to Northampton it was the first time either of us had been to Leeds since that first meeting 2 years previous!!

The next one happened just after New Year 1988. I used to go on working holidays with BTCV, (British Trust for Conservation Volunteers) I had been on a working trip to some woods (Brasenose) near Oxford , My Mum and Dad had detoured and dropped me off as they were on their way South somewhere for the Holiday and I was left to find my own way back. I had decided to save a few bob and hitch it back home to Not'm. The group leader dropped me at "The Peartree Roundabout to the top side of Oxford, It (Being New Year) was a bit quiet but I'd been there only about 2 minutes when a familiar car honed in to view, it was my Mum and Dad !! They had returned that way a couple of days early as the Aunt of mine they were visiting had other business plans for the final days of their stay. As they had been unable to contact me (No mobiles in those days !!) They decided to come back that way "Just in case" . What was even more flukish was the fact that it was well past Lunch time when I set off and really shouldn't have been still in the locale at that time !!

And the last one for now. I was working as a 'Trade plater' one winter in between one of my Summer seasons in Ibiza and the next. I was hitching to Bournemouth to collect a car to take to Whitney Auctions (Oxfordshire again) A fellow (unknown) plater picked me up from where the A34 joins the M3 just north of Winchester and dropped me where I was collecting my motor from (We did that for each other) I told him I'd keep my eye out for him on my return.

As I pulled off the M3 onto the A34 who was standing there ? yup , and of course I gave him a lift. But the weirdest coincidence was yet to come . Just after I'd picked him up , the phone rang , it was my office telling me that there was another car to collect from the old air base at Upper Heyford to take to Sheffield (IE a lift home, and more money too) I asked matey boy if he minded helping out, he didn't (As he was actually going to Sheffield himself) So we dragged the one out from UH he drove it behind me back down to Whitney and I was then able to give him a lift to his door just off of junction 33 M1

The folks where I had dropped it off took me out to the M1 at junction 34, Tinsley, (One further North than where I'd dropped him) and I was left to fend for myself. I wasn't looking forwards to trying to hitch back now as it was pitch black and starting to rain (Folks are very reluctant to stop for you when it's raining) By compete fluke and a real total coincidence there was a pip on a car horn , it was matey boy again , he'd just dropped his wife off shopping at The Meadow Hall Center and was going to Nottingham to see a mate !! and ofcourse he gave me a lift to my front door !!

I was on a night run returning from Barnstaple in Devon back to Nottingham.Spotted a guy around midnight just outside the town and thought...'It's company' so I picked him up...

"Where ya going?"

"Midlands"

"Yeah...where?"

"My parents at a place called Keyworth near Nottingham"

He said he usually needed about ten different lifts.

Coming back on the old roads before motorways I dropped him off on the Melton Road...lucky bloke.

Some cracking long shots there Beefsteak. reminded me of one in the Scottish mountains. will relate the tale tomorrow - SWMBO off to an early start in the morning and will be in deep sh1t if I continue tapping outside the bedroom.

Something strange happend to me this evening, Was going to the healing/physic church within newstead abbey grounds this evening and as we were quite early, decided to take a drive down to newstead abbey just to have a look.. as ya do! Driving back up, we passed some black rams.. (assumed they were rams as they had them curly horns) then we had to stop for a squirel, who just sat there & didnt move till it had finished eating (cheeky!) Anyways, i sat & said to my partner.. you know there'll be a 3rd creature we'll see on the way!

... Then we seen a pidgeon, lovely! So i then said outloud 'Well thanks, a pidgeon!! Could of had a fox cross our path or something at least!!!) My partner then said 'Better?' As i rolled my eyes at him and then looked out the window, there was a fox! A big fat ginger fox walking in the woodland but still quite closish. I still find it funny how i said that then looked around to see a fox, clear as day.

Its not spooky, but i thought it was funny & quite strange, someones been with me today! Seeings as i recieved a nice message from a love one from the other side when at the church after, im in quite a good mood :)

Try what? the church? if thats your cup of tea then go for it. your not allways garentee'd a message but theres allways that chance. The guy was so bang on he even brought up the exact name of my partners relation & described my mama down to a T! weve been a few time & knew he was good, but for some reason, were both quite shocked at how acurate everything was.

Sat reading an article about Siberian Mammoths this morning whilst Julie was watching the TV news. On came a report about a crashed pane - in Siberia.

My first wife once dreamed the pools numbers. When she awoke she could not remember all of the numbers but wrote down those she could. Most of the remembered one's were draws - 7 draws on our coupon that week earned us £350 and that was a lot of money in 1972.

She once picked all three National places, in the right order! How much did we win? nowt - she never backed them.

Funny coincidence there Compo (Can you see what i did there ??) I too once dreampt we had won the pools it was years before I was old enough to play so I told my mum, I remembered the date (Funnily enough it was April 4th which was at least two weeks away !!) and most of the numbers, I even remember some of those too (11, 17, 25) And yes they came in, and no my mum didn't do the pools !!

• Upvote 1

Did a road trip of Sweden and Finland about thirty years ago and my mate and I washed up in Helsinki. Walking down a quiet side street I heard what sounded like familiar English accents from a couple of lads walking a few yards in front of us. We caught them up and got chatting and casually asked where they were from?

'Oh, Nottingham'

'Really? We're from Nottingham too - whereabouts?'

'Arnold'

'Really? We're from Redhill, Arnold, whereabouts?

The two lads who had moved to Helsinki, Finland to be in a band were from Calverton Road, Arnold - about five or ten minutes walk from where we were from.

• Upvote 1

,Several years ago Iwent to a convention in Tampa,one of the organisers said to me, "There is a lady here who is from England. Denice and I went over to introduce ourselves,the lady had lived on Haydn rd Sherwood at the same time I had been living on Burnham st'.She lives about 2 hours away here in Florida so we meet up regular.Small world innit'.

• Upvote 1

On holiday in Ullapool Scotland some years ago with with my previous partner who was from Canada. Although it's a small town, I suppose you could say that it's fairly 'remote'.

On checking in we were informed that another Canadian couple were staying at the small guest house.

On coming down for breakfast, we were sat opposite the Canadians. The husband was my former partner's maths teacher from school in Edmonton, Alberta.

One of these psychics Pixie :)

I would be interested if they could tell me what happened to my Dad when he died in L.A.

And a thieving cousin took what small amount of money he had at the end.

If I psychic could tell me that without tricking it out of me, I would become a convert :)

youd have to see a really good one for all that info! iv been brought up with physics, a member of my family is a physic and allways been bang on the mark with so many things. Iv seen some rubbish 'physics' and iv seen some brilliant ones.. like the one we went to this weekend. Apparently i have the 'gift' also, im aware that i know when something is around me, i have alot of dreams with meanings or that come true, i have 'feelings' but iv never really taken that much notice to it all. iv been told to develop my gift in a few years, thats what i intend to do! everyone has their own right to belief, if anyone is a nonbeliever of physics then i will not lecture them telling them they have to believe etc.. One day something will happen that will make someone question their beliefs.. & if they decide it doesnt change it, then that is totally down to the person

If anyone wants to get in touch with me it will be my fathers sister, my Aunt.

She lay in a hospital bed in 2011 after having a fall, she died about a week later.

The thieving cousin never told me of her accident or death.

The earlier talk of psychics reminds me of the old Les Dawson gag,

Wife: 'It's your mother-in-law on the phone, how would you like to talk to her?'

Les: 'Preferably through a medium.'

• Upvote 1