Govement now watching internet users - opinions?

So apparently, the goverment can now read through peoples emails, texts, skype conversations etc etc. Although theyv allways been able to, they can now do it to everyone. & apparently, if we have nothing to hide then we shouldnt be bothered.

..Couple of weeks ago, google started saving peoples information, they can now pinpoint peoples addresses from when they search using their searchbar & save everything people search from that IP address. Thats why we get advertisements pop up that relate to us & our location.

Nothing we do is private anymore! So whats your opinions on it?

according to what I've heard/read they can see/read who you are talking to or what sites you are on, but no lawfully read your emails, texts or view your screens without a warrant or court order,

I'm with mudgie on this, 100%.

I used to have a mobile phone and then one day I just knew - 'trust your intuition' - I was being listened to. :angry:

Makes me wonder sometimes why I pay £££'s quarterly for On-line facilities; I don't abuse the system.

I certainly don't like it that one's individual privacy is tampered with but at the same time I enjoy the convenience of the Internet.

Hi Ash,wev'e had this in the poblic courts since 911,since when have governments played by the rules/law. Whenever they get caught their defence,"We were acting on the grounds of national security".They get away with it every time.

I've presumed that Big Brother is listening to our phone conversations for years, same goes for internet and all electronic gismos. Their survailence centre is at GCHQ, and the system is called Echelon. The fact that I mentioned GCHQ and Echelon means this email is flagged at GCHQ, whoops there go three more.

I believe that to be a successful politician one has to be totally ruthless, (Stalin et al), a consumate liar, (Blair), and as devious as Mandelson. These people are beneath contempt, and of course they want total control over all aspects of our lives.

I can't say I agree with George Galloway on many of his policies, but I was delighted that he won in Bradford. The three main parties are so similar nowadays, I will not vote for any of them.

I'm on the bus i'm on the train, i'm in the supermarket, why? cause i'm on the phone. yes everyone can listen to the phone calls you make , Privacy whats that, not on public transport and out and about. Remember the phone booths you had in shops and offices you put your head inside to talk when on the phone for privacy. not now.

I was going to post this myself but you beat me to it.

any official body can read any of my emails because

1. I am not a Terrorist.

2. I am not a Criminal.

I welcome this law which can only protect the public.

Who will have access to this information? The police cannot be trusted with it, there are far too many corrupt members of the police as the News of the World scandal has shown, many of them are very senior indeed.

The excuse of 'if you've nothing to hide' etc, does not hold water Mick, the fact that you are law abiding will not protect you from those in positions of authority who are not.

It would seem that in spite of all the evidence to the contrarary, you still trust the police.

Even if you trust the police, surely you do not trust the politicians.

First they have to find something of concern, which they never will in my emails.

I agree totally with your sentiments on the modern police service (and politicians)

However the modern police service will be getting a shake up later this year,

with the introduction of Police Commissioners, that is...

1. If you vote

2. If you vote for the right candidate

3. It is not a politician.

I think we should be concerned about what will be the next step on the road to a totalitarian state, for there will be more restrictive laws passed in the name of fighting terrorism.

I do not believe I will be killed or injured by a terrorist act, much more likely to die of a hospital aquired infection. If the state is so concerned about our well being, I would think they would do something about H.A.I.s, but then the politicians care nought for us the people, much more concerned with increasing their power and feathering their nest.

Most on this forum can remember times of relatively full employment, we were lucky that after the war, there were politcians who had principles, whether it be real labour men like Bevan, or the one nation Tories, who when in power supported and expanded the NHS, and encouraged the building of council houses.

All that ended with the evil Thatcher, and later the Liar Blair. We on this forum are mostly little affected by the forces of evil residing in Westminster, but we should have sympathy and understanding for the young whose futures have been sacrificed by self-serving politcians, who now want to 'protect us' by bugging all our means of communication.

Mick, we must not be fooled, these politicians cannot be trusted.

• Upvote 2

There is a program on the TV called 60 minutes,a current affairs,and science program,watched it last week with interest.

It would seem Motorola have come up with a high tech' gadget,that can be placed into any TV set,to listen,watch,and record.

When you turn off the telly it will still be able to function.?The cost of the 'spy',a few dollars.

If I am being monitored.

"Please do you deliver pizza"

However the modern police service will be getting a shake up later this year,

with the introduction of Police Commissioners, that is...

And John Prescott wants to be one...The feds are run by robocops now never mind one of Blairs morons being in charge at £100,000 a year...What's the matter Prescott...One and a half million pension pot and a paid place in the Lords not enough for you?

'Two Jags' will only get in if a more suitable person does not stand against him.

In November everyone will get a voting paper with the candidates on it.

Then why don't you stand?

You will no doubt get a few votes from here.

Why not come down town on the 11th and do some canvassing? slywink

Re the Motorola gadget, there was internet gumph at the time of the switch to digital TV that one of the reasons the State was so in favour of the changeover was that just such a device could be put in in the sets. Apparently this was not possible with analogue sets.

It seems that maybe that they were on to something.

Regarding police commissioners, you can guarantee that most will be on the square, so the corrupt cops will be safe to carry on pocketing their ill-gotten gains.

the way i see it, yes if you have nothing to hide then so be it. but i dont like the thought of being 'watched'.. it is an invasion of privacy, then again if they fancy watching me browse amazon, play, here & facebook.. i hope they have fun!

You have to start at grass roots,and sponsor and guide your pick to represent you.

If he /she doesn't have your interests at heart,kick the bum out,start again.Don't under estimate the power in collective votes.

Our Grandfathers fought and suffered,to give us what we have today.

They changed the working class by organising their labour.

Most of the dead and wounded of WW1,did not have the right to vote.They were our Grandfathers,if we can honour them in war,then let us honour them in peace.Every vote counts.

OK Mick,I'll come back to stand for office.My ticket would be,'Distribute the wealth'.Abolish the monarcy, and the parasites that have hung on for 900 years.

Give it all back to the people,they made them rich.

I am sure there are those with much to hide.

BTW The Commissioner you vote in (or not as the case may be), you are stuck with for 4 years.

Commissioner Huh?

If he gets in trouble does he shine a bat onto the clouds to raise batman?

Seeing as we now have academies instead of schools and students instead of schoolkids I guess we can get away with commissioners.

What other American institutions can we sneak in?....hey let's have a penitentiary and a few sheriffs.