Saturday Night and Sunday Morning (The Musical)

hope you enjoyed it jackson i carnt make this producktion but i am going to see roots next week.

Hi Babs, enjoyed the production; although a bit too over long.

Wish those ladies who sang didn't shout as much (Celine Dion influenced); couldn't hear the words.

Still prefer protagonist Arthur as the spunky, bull-terrier type - how Albert Finney portrayed him in the film - he was no idealist.

The comment about the female singers being a bit 'shouty' was precisely the one my partner made after the show.

I'd also agree that Tom Keeling, who played Arthur Seaton whilst making a very good job of a very demanding part did not remind me of the rough, tough and abrasive character that the Radford jack-the-lad was written as. He looked a little more like a university undergrad than a womanising, hard-drinking Raleigh worker! To be fair though it was an amateur production.

Sacrilege!!!! Not for me I'm afraid......I would only like to remember it on celluloid, and in print and no, I'm not being mardy!!!!