Good to hear they're looking after our parks. But surely with todays economic climate they should be leaving them on tickover as it were, and the proposed 'improvements' left on hold until this depression is over.I don't think the people of Nottingham would be devastated to have to see them left as they are for a couple of years.

At the mention of 'parks', I wonder whatever happened to some of the wonderful playground equipment that lived for years - and gave much happiness - in Nottingham's Parks? Sold for scrap?

I wouldn't have minded giving a home to one of the magnificent 'Swing Boats'; even though it would have taken up every inch of space in my back garden! :)

Memories: of the Swing Boat on Radford Bridge Road Park........................'Swing Boat, how I lament your going'.

Re: the windmills.....I'm not sure they were on the edge of Northgate, I think they were a bit further south on the higher ground of what-is-now Sherwood Rise

I've extended the map further north and you can see the Northgate/Haydn Road junction (coming in about 80 years) further along. I reckon the windmills are about where the Health Centre/Djanogly College is today

north-1.jpg

You're righ Cliff ton....looks like I mistook the junction...they do appear to be around the top of the hill.Haydn road in particular on your map shows the bend in the road as it exists today.

The city council are now going to remove a lot of mature trees, from 2 streets in lenton and replace them with smaller ones, cost £100,000. Has no-one told the council that the whole country is struggling financially.