Good stuff Mick, some nice tweaks and improvements as per the 'New features' thread too.

I'd like to see Nottstalgia with a new theme employing the city colours of green and gold (or at least green) if possible. Certainly, a refreshment of the header image too would be great.

Benefits of paying for Forum software instead of using Free Forums

(Not to forget buying domain name & Hosting subscriptions)

You can tweak the skins for colors I believe.

Here's all the features

http://www.invisionpower.com/features/

Oi! Don't mention that C******** word yet! :)

Always personal preference Iof course but the 'Glow' skin here is pretty hard on the eye don't you think? As a former typesetter many moons ago, I feel there are some real travesties on the internet these days with the misuse of white-out type, especially in certain colours which do not lend themselves to it.

I think the other options here look a bit dated (maybe that's correct for a site about nostalgia!) ;)

The regular one is nice and functional and fine.

I like the idea of a brand spanking new image for the top (although that was a good one) possibly a monochrome one as a little bit of retro?

I prefer more subtle pastel colours than the heavy block colours and find them easier to look at and to read, especially for a longer period of time. I like the traditional idea of Nottingham's proud colours for the site too.

If you Google IPB Skins, and find any that you like.

I will Gladly install them.

However here's the catch. You have to pay for some, anybody feeling flush, pension rise perhaps ;)

Note, some skins have a colour picker.

(Compatible skins are IPB 3.3.x)

You can change the looks of free forums too Mick, there are also free hosting sites now that allow forum software to be installed, something that was frowned on a few years back due to security concerns of the servers.

:) Didn't like it at first but then the pastel colours of beige and green grow on you - easy on the eye; although the vertical, dark brown strip at side is rather too heavy for the inset pastel.........

Well you did say: 'Av Yer Say'! :biggrin:

I was trying to find something Green and Gold, per Stu.

I do like the parchment background texture.

I will try other skins when I get time.

Reminder: You have a choice of skins, link bottom left.

I quite like the below. I'm taking it that the headers in each case can be customised or obviously it's a no-go. Even if that is not possible, the examples show the nice, clean lighter lines that are my personal preference. Others of course will have different tastes.

It's also worth considering that some forums offer a very neutral skin option in black/white/grey that resembles a spreadsheet. Not a problem for me and I'll not comment on that but but there will be people sitting in offices or other professional settings that don't want to otherwise advertise the fact they're accessing an internet forum.

http://www.ipbforums...DrawingClub.jpg

DrawingClub.jpg

http://www.ipbforums...ediaScripts.jpg

MediaScripts.jpg