Happy birthday Jim! Your still living on through your amazin music, i myself am quite a big fan of abit of hendrix

The first single I ever bought, Voodoo Child (Slight Return)/Hey Joe/All Along the Watchtower, from a mate at secondary school. What a trio of tracks!

There have been some great rock guitarists over the years but whatever your taste I don't think anyone has come close to Jimi in pure ability, he was phenomenal.

Remember the story about when Eric Clapton viewed him live (from the wings) for the first time. Words to the effect that 'I may as well give up now!'

The left-handed gun and his famous performance on The Lulu Show.

I was at the Beachcomber too that night, also saw Hendricks at the Isle of Wight pop festival, mind me and my 3 mates were only on "desolation hill" but we had a great view !

The Beachcomber was up a courtyard just below Broadway on the South side of St Marys gate about 70 meters up from Weekday Cross.

Just looked at Google earth and looks like a new building in front of the courtyard, maybe the Lizard Lounge now ?

Was one of the old lace factories I think.

Knew Keith Symonds and Pete Hubbard very well. Symonds was a poser, bit like an ex public schoolboy, but Pete was a lovely fella.

:cheers:A HAPPY 70th BIRTHDAY JIMI :Kiss: :Kiss:

So Creative was Jimi with his music and writing: the imaginative 'Wind Cries Mary' and the sheer brilliance of 'Voodoo Child, slight returns', where Jimi's guitar becomes ALIVE and speaks.

I imagine there's going to be one helluva Rock Concert up in Paradise, Heaven today, Jimi being the Ultimate STAR of the show.

X Jimi Hendrix X, sadly missed on Planet Earth but well respected, remembered but most of all LOVED. :Kiss: