Poor old Oliver was born at number 6. He became a master mariner in Liverpool. Despite surviving all the sea could throw at him, he died when the Luftwaffe paid a visit to Wallasey in 1940 and scored a direct hit on his house.

I was Christened there but I was far too young at the time to have known anybody though ........................... slywink

Saying that I remember one of the bellringers in the 80s (Friends of my Granparents who lived in the Albert Ball memorial home near the church) wanted me to come and have a go, but unfortunately I never got round to it, and I can't remember his name now . I'll ask my Mum tomorrow.

Great topic, and great to see the maps of St Ann's. Does anyone know where I can purchase a map of St Ann's prior to the area's re-development??? Prefably one from the 1960's if you can help it would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance

Remember my great aunt had a large piece (around150mm) of shrapnel that she always said she picked up the next day after a german bombing raid in Nottm.

Looking at the map in the other thread it must have been one of the bombs near lower parliament st. vic. baths as a map Clif Ton found for me shows thats where my mums family all lived. In an area behind the vic baths.

Amazing !

Great topic, and great to see the maps of St Ann's. Does anyone know where I can purchase a map of St Ann's prior to the area's re-development??? Prefably one from the 1960's if you can help it would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance

SeanF, take a look at this thread and go to Post #149. The first link there is a map which might interest you http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1485&&page=8