Hello all

I am Dave Brookes and worked in and around Nottingham all my life and sadly still working. Anyone asks why? all I say is student! then everyone nods knowingly

I was guided towards this site so i just put an event on the callender for the 20 March.

My passion outside work apert from family is story telling and archery

I got in to telling some years ago and tell with the Story Tellers of Nottingham, a collective of tellers. In the last few years Mick Whysall and I decided to tell together and formed The Woolly Tellers. (No surprise our first telling was at Wollaton, so the name stuck)

We tell with both groups. We both write our own material but I do steal the odd traditional story

We dont tell from script or book, but we do perfom the story. If you have never expwrienced this before have a look at our site at http://thewoollytellers.wordpress.com . i went to one out of curiosity and got hooked. Its a good night out.

I am looking forward to joining this site and making new contacts

Take care all

Welcome Dave

I have split your post because it deserves its own Topic.

The Woolly Tellers
perform
A night of dark tales
7.30pm 20th March 2013 at the Hand and Heart on Derby Road Nottingham NG1 5BA

The suggested donation of £2.00 on the night. All proceeds will be going to Cancer research UK for breast cancer

It is a night of ghostly and dark tales from Nottingham and beyond. Come see Mick and Dave The Woolly Tellers at this fantastic venue and be entertained and at the same time give to a great cause

It would be appreciated if you could email thewoollytellers at hotmail dot com if you ca make it as we need to work out space needed.

My wife and daughter went to the 'Trip to Jerusalem' a year or so ago to listen to the storytellers. They both said how much they had enjoyed the nights. They went four or five times and there was a variety of storytellers to entertain them as they drank their soft drinks.