Hiya All,I have just thought of another interesting place for any one fancying a day out with a difference,Blists hill Victorian Town,it is a fave of ours,probably about 2hrs ish from Notts,It really takes you back in time,i know we arn't that old but you will see things that were still around in our childhood,you can change you'r money into £sd pre decimal money in the bank and all the old fashioned shops are there,great old fashioned fish and chips cooked in dripping, you are also in the area of the first iron bridge ever built, at Iron Bridge Telford, by Thomas Telford.Look it up on the internet you may enjoy it,

• Upvote 1

never been to this one but on very similar lines carnie also quite near you black country meseum i have been there several times but not for a while is it still up and running you dont see it avertized so much these daysperhaps we should all have a meet up there and relive or memories together face to face.

I know the Black Country Museum well Babs,we live about 30 mins drive away and you are right it is very similar to Blists Hill Victorian Town,They both have different interesting themes,They are both brilliant but my fave is the Victorian Town,Yes the B C museum is still going strong, they are always adding things to it.some times we get 2 for 1 offers in the local paper so we always go then.It is a good of yours for a meet up there,but it might not be ideal for some because of the travelling.

i know but prity central for a lot of people to get too and an interesting day out even for those with kids specially those a little older iwould say 5 plus who could find some interesting things too do, im sure your kids would love it beefy if you never been.

Both the Black Country and Blists hill museums are enjoyable for children and adults,There are always school trips there,Our granddaughter likes the old fashioned fruit drops from the sweet shop and chocolate oat cakes from the bakery shop, at the Victorian town,she says its cool,,especially when she is using £sd, we aim for the fish and chips at both places.Well worth considering if you'r at a loose end and don't fancy the seaside.

Went there years ago (1991) on a school trip to Blists Hill....Fascinating place - The sweets are out of this world.

Went there years ago (1991) on a school trip to Blists Hill....Fascinating place - The sweets are out of this world.

Hi SeanF,It really is worth another visit ,there has been so much more added since you last visited,and on certain days the staff will all be in dress of the age,and all sorts off displays around the site.

Thank you for the link above about Iron Bridge Mick2me,it really is worth passing on the information,we have been four times as we live locally and see something new every time.

One place I would love to visit the next time I am in the UK....... Many thanks for your comment Carni :)

• 3 weeks later...

Want a cheap pint? th epub at Blists Hill accepts old pennies. A couple of years ago beer was IIRC 4d per pint. They sell old pennies at the service desk but you can pick up bunches of them from second hand shops (not charity shops) for a song!

I was watching Father Brown on TV earlier this week and I'm sure some of it was filmed at Blists hill.

A great day out and within shouting distance of Nottingham too.