• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I was at school with a Baird-Parker (Stephen), at Kingswell in Arnold and I think he then went to Carlton-le-Willows Tech. Remember seeing something in the Post when I was up here visiting my Dad, before we moved back to Nottm, that there was some sort of major aggro at St Mary's Church in Arnold during a wedding ceremony which involved the family. It's not a common name, must be the same clan.

I would just like to say that there never was a Notts policeman, fat or otherwise called Stephen Baird-Paker, who had a wife who was dubbed the Mother in Law from Hell by the tabloids. Stephen Baird-Parker went to C le W Grammar.

If you were to ask if there were another Baird-Parker who went to the tech and became a policeman, I couldn't possibly comment

Ok, sorry Stephen I got the wrong Baird Parker and I apologise for that. I too went from Kingswell Junior School to Carlton-le-Willows Grammar School but don't remember you being there.

My wife went to Standhill road junior school with a Brian Baird Parker, he was a big lad so she says and went on to be a policeman she thinks.

• 8 months later...

Pc.214 Brian Baird-Parker, passed away today in Spain.

Brian was a brilliant copper who I knew from his time at Canning Circus.

He was up there with Tug Wilson... Well he is now.

RIP Brian, aka. 'Grizz'

• Upvote 1