Here is a selection of pictures from the garden, taken today, 27/6/13. Despite a very long winter and poor spring, things are finally beginning to grow:

https://picasaweb.google.com/paul.simonite/SomeOfTheGardenJune272013?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNvuu6uCtaHfrgE&feat=directlink

Fabulous photos . Looking after that lot must be a full time job .

I just trimmed a privet hedge today , (admittedly its about 16 foot high) and I'm whacked !

Too right it's a full time job David! It takes me two days to trim the hedges with a petrol trimmer. It knackers me!

This was taken earlier this week in my dads garden on vancouver Island sorry its come out a little small but can anyone make out the deer under the tree

Shurrup moanin' Compo, in another life you could be on floor 10 of Nelson Mandella House :tongue:

My gardens still mostly green...all the flowers seem to be about a month behind except for the Clematis Montana which has flowered and gone now.

Taters down the garden are coming on well with the recent rain though.

kh1t.jpg

001ssm.jpg

My montana was not much to look at this year. i did a very heavy pruning on it last season to get it back under control. I note your Gunnera manicata is performing well.

I no longer keep hens but I have access to farmyard muck and horse pooh. That seems to work ok.