Reasonable Rates Notts Hotel Wanted

Hiya,

We want to come to visit Notts and stay near the City center if possible, and spend a couple of days being tourists, visiting all the places in my memory. We could stay at my home village but want to treat it as an adventure and be nearer to the City, does anyone know of any reasonably priced hotels within walking distance of the center,( not forgetting the legs don't do distances any more). Any suggestions appreciated.

Hi Carni, the Ibis is reasonable, very clean, with cheap car parking across the road at £5 per night (Hotel Concession).

Don't use the Strathdon, it's awful.

I always use www.booking.com the reviews are pretty accurate & has some competitive rates, Ibis at £39 per night for a double room, pay in advance no refunds for cancellation;

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/ibis-nottingham-centre.en-gb.html?sid=cf1fa2ba2060a96606f911a2a3eee540;dcid=1;checkin=2013-09-18;checkout=2013-09-19;srfid=c666fa9ab4beaa8482bc2816e8fa0037004be268X8

copy & paste to URL

Carni, the Ibis that Paulus suggests is on Fletcher Gate so the tram runs right outside and it's handy for walking around the city centre. There are a few hotels up Mansfield Road ....... the Park Inn and the Westminster (both opposite the Grosvenor but Mansfield Road is noisy at night - police and ambulance sirens!) and a bit further afield the Premier Inn in Daybrook, next door to where you had your family meal the other week. All these hotels are on good bus routes into town and all have good car parks.

Brittania hotels are quite reasonable, the 1 on st james street used to be the albany, it is a bit rough around the edges but ok, there is also a travelodge on maid marian way just above the salutation. The hotels in the city centre are normally quite busy so it is best to book sooner rather than later. There is a hotel recently opened in Nottingham university it might have some deals on as the students have all gone home now, and there is a bus that goes into the city centre from outside the hotel.

I don't know where they are in Nottingham but if you're flexible on your travel itinerary give Premier Inn a go, starting at £25 a night for the room and they are big comfortable beds ( Which helps when you're my size)

Here's a link to some in September , but you have to book by tonight!

http://www.premierinn.com/en/exploreSearch.action?searchModel.searchTerm=Nottingham%20City%20Centre%20(Goldsmith%20Street)%20&searchModel.priceBand=NON_FLEXIBLE&availabilityModel.selectedMonthAndYear=201309&availabilityModel.day=15

We love them, especially as if one adult pays for a "As much as you can eat breakfast" then 2 kids eat for free.

Thank you, every one for your suggestions, You have all been so helpful, We have quite a few commitments which mean we have to take our opportunities some times on the spur of the moment. I know we will find some where now, thanks to your help, we will probably use the information as well when we come for one of your meet ups.