would you belive it

i am back to square one with my tax problem got a letter last week telling me i owed 422 pounds this time for 2012/13off i go down to tax office yet again to be told its the sam miss matched person and pension group as last year. have yet again sent a letter this time directlyto head of complaints department my mp they even had the cheek to say they had sent a copy of the letter to my advisor at the law centre so there must be somthing on my files they just have not bothered looking at it properly lets see how long it takes them to sort it this time round.

The incompetence of any authority who relies on computer generated information and have no idea how to rectify mistakes is absolutely staggering !!

This sort of stupidity makes my blood boil, more so when it's the bl---y tax people who are quite happy to write off billions from international corporations but cling on like leeches to folk who have nothing but a measly pension to live on. (Yes, I have been there !)

Keep at them Babs, don't give them an inch !! madashell

Know what you mean Babs, I got a letter last week & they want £600 off me !

Took half an hour to get through on the phone, complete waste of time, still no proper explanation. £3 on my phone bill as well, why not a 0800 number ?

PAYE ? Don't make me laugh !

catfan before you pay this bill go down to the tax office on wilford rd ask to speak to an advisor to make sure you really do owe this money to them wish i had from the very bebining last year.

i have been on the phone to the head of complaints again this afternoon who assured me that she will get it taken off my files again but could not promis that it would not happen again i said i could do no more than i had done and perhaps they could write to the person and the pention groupto ask them to sort out the lady concerned national insureance number so i dont get this problem again she said she would see if this is possible.

dont worry commo i wontill be on there case all the time.i dont give in when i know im in the right.

These incompetent bafoons chase the common hard working individuals for insignificant amounts, when the ones they should be chasing are those cheating MP's who use every loophole they can to avoid paying the very taxes they invent to fleece every hard working honest individual that inadvertantly voted them into office in the first place.

I have the same problem. What makes it harder is I have two jobs where I work 'as and when' which means that no two weeks are the same. To make it worse I have a small (and I mean small) private pension. They just can't get their thick heads round it. They haven't a clue. They know the tax system is too complicated for the average man in the street and most can't afford accountants to help them. So they make it as hard as possible to complain. Meanwhile, Mr BIG can get away with it because he can afford accountants, so the tax man doesn't even bother them.

Same problem here. I retired three years ago and as well as my state pension, I get three private pensions.

Everything was OK the first few months then I had notification of underpayment. Fair enough maybe they made an error.

Last year I received a cheque for over £200 pounds due to overpayment.

Damn me, last week I received a letter claiming I owed them over £200 pounds and also there was underpayment from two years ago.

I think they are totally clueless. I blame it on comprehensive education. Clueless, incompetent, useless.

If some of these Civil Servants were in private industry, they wouldn't last five minuets

• Upvote 1

I agree with that. Because of diversity laws they are now employing people for the wrong reasons and it aint because they are fully qualified for the job. And there is much of it happening in the public sector. God don't start me off on that. I usually blow twenty fuses when comparing conditions in the public and private sectors. (I don't need to tell you which I work in, and I've have worked in both).

Sorry. I am not calling your spelling. I often press the wrong key. But I creased up at the thought of civil servants doing the minuet round their computers. Maybe that is what they are doing. Now there's a thing................

Sorry, I'm normally nit picky about spelling and punctuation but I was rushing as the postman was at the door.

Don't be sorry. I am the same but things can get through and my wappy sense of humour cut in. Just close your eyes and see it. All those civil servants doing the minuet up and down the corridors of power. I am still laughing at the thought of it.

• Upvote 1