Mark & Julie Duncan/Hill

Hello, my granny has recently died and going through her things (including letters from her own mother) I have found mention of the above 2 people (who I had not heard about before). I would like to try and track them down if possible. I think Mark is a member on this site and have Pm'd him. I believe they may have lived on Chester terrace and then in Sherwood. Any information that would help me to find them gratefully received thanks.

Hello, my granny has recently died and going through her things (including letters from her own mother) I have found mention of the above 2 people (who I had not heard about before). I would like to try and track them down if possible. I think Mark is a member on this site and have Pm'd him. I believe they may have lived on Chester terrace and then in Sherwood. Any information that would help me to find them gratefully received thanks.

Not much point if the 'above 2 people' aren't mentioned.

I did have a quick scan for these people and looked on the electoral registers for Notts but nothing apparent for a Mark Duncan living with a Julie Duncan and that goes back 10 years or so . Also tried a Mark Duncan , Julie Hill in case they weren't married but nothing apparent .

Thanks for the comments/efforts folks and yep, the clue was in the title! Mark and Julie are brother and sister I believe but may have been known by different surnames. I can only hope that Mark replies to my PM - I have tried other routes re tracking with little success. The documents I have are from the 50's/60's so they may well be away from the area. I think they would be born c 1952 and 1959 respectively.

Many thanks

Twinsaunt

Can see a birth for a Mark A Duncan in 1952 in Nottingham.

Father was Ronald Duncan , mother Marian (nee Yeomans) who married in 1951 in Nottingham .

Can see a birth in Ilkeston in 1959 for Julie M Duncan to parents with same surnames.

Twinsaunt ,

All that info was freely available to anyone who knew where to search ,

Will pm you a possible phone number and address .

Twinsaunt , I don't know but maybe you need to make a minimum number of posts before you are allowed to send PMs ?

I bet you were going to say you have already tried that contact address ?

Speaking of Duncans .

There was a family of Duncans living near us at Mapperley in the 60s . 4 gorgeous daughters .

Quite well known as some of the family worked at Peppers Hairdressers in Trinity Sq. Their mums maiden name was Pepper . Whether they still own it now , haven't a clue .

Mattsdigs - thanks but pretty sure no connection - wouldn't be as rude to say no help whatsoever! Nor with your 4 lovely girls davidw.

David, haven't tried those contact details yet. Pretty expert in going back in time but not so good at going forward, so your address is helpful, I will try. I believe that mark and Julie's mother died last year and have details of funeral director so will contact them and see if they can pass on a message from me to her family. If they are prepared to do that, that could work.

Thanks