Link Removal Request?

We won't be using this company to promote Nottstalgia.com :) LoL
On 29 November 2013 15:59, Craig ******** <craig.*********@media*****.co.uk> wrote:

Hi,

We are currently reviewing some our client’s backlinks and noticed link(s) to your website(s). Please could you remove these links at your earliest convenience.

I have listed the links on your domain(s) below;

Domain: nottstalgia.com

Site(s):

******seeds (www.*******seeds.co.uk/)

I replied...
Hi
In over 20 years of web publishing thats a new one on me, (Being asked for a link promoting your clients products removed from our site?) However, I have removed the link to this product, from Gardening discussions on our site.
Regards
Mick2me
Nottstalgia.com
The Nottingham Forums
PS.
Upon your site I see...
Your complete online marketing, SEO & consultancy service
mediaworks deliver online marketing campaigns that drive leads,sales & brand visibility for our clients. As a dedicated digital marketing agency, we focus on rapid and quantifiable return on investment (ROI), because we understand that building traffic and rankings in the search engines means nothing unless they also help build your business.

That's a "newun" to me too, never known anyone requesting their links to be removed before..

The seed company pay that agency to promote their website.

I can look at our hits and see where they come from.

I think I will write to all the owners of webpages that have links to our site...

Dear David Cameron...

• Upvote 1

This article says why they are probably asking for removal of the link .

Seems its to do with google sending a manual "unnatural link warning" . This then penalises the firms rating and puts them lower down search results . By removing the link they hope to creep up the page rankings .

Probably not the seed firms fault but issue is with the google ranking gubbins .

http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2273059/Link-Removal-Request-Tips-for-Webmasters-Business-Owners