Is it law that all councils employ morons?

I ACTUALLY, Had a bloke in Bulwell jump out of his wheelchair and threaten me .silly man.

• Upvote 1

I was talking to a bloke I know recently, he has a disability bus pass, ie free bus travel.

His "Disability" is that he has learning dificulties. He has no physical disibilities Whilst I have every sympathy with any genuine person who is struggling to get around, he does not.

He has a rented flat that he manages himself, he manages his own budget ie pays his bills & does all his shopping himself I see him in Wetherspoon's quite often, to talk to him you would never know he has learning disibilities, at 40 years of age he has never done a days work, he is totally funded by the state.

As far as he is concerned the state has failed US.

Parasite, F***ing parasite!

I'm afraid I've two in laws of a similar ilk. They Google various ailments and then frequent the Docs bleating about their latest "illness".

They will never work again because they will lose their benefits.

Bullet to the temple I say !!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Fat barsteward, brilliant.

Righ, let's hear it from the humourless brigade who think we're taking the wee wee.

Seen him in Bulwell.

I had noticed!

You'd never get me in that place even though I'm a "tad" overweight. I'll be under 14st for my hols though.

These motorised chairs and their drivers should be licensed. One ran into the missus once in a supermarket, and in Yarmouth, some character broke the ankles of an innocent shopper by running into them at speed. I sympathise fully with the genuinely disabled but it seems to me that we are becoming a lame dog society.

• Upvote 2

One could say it's an insult to the disabled to complain about people drawing benefits when they are not really too disabled to work. But the truth is the liars are the ones insulting the really disabled. What IS a disability. I am short sighted and that is a disability. I have leg ulcers and thrombosis veins. That too is a disability. I also have crohns disease which kicks off now and again. That is also a disability. But I wouldn't dream of claiming any benefit because of these. I am proud to work for a living even though some mornings I feel as if I am dying.

On a lighter note, my dad used a disability scooter before he died. I once saw him going along the pavement on Wigman Road on it. I am sure there was someone nearby waving the chequered flag. Bless him.

• Upvote 3

A do agree Bilbraborn - but I'm a bit reserved in allocating blame. I had a cousin, five years older than myself. He had cystic fibrosis, which wasn't all that obvious visually, but he had serious chest and breathing problems, and usually spent the first half hour after getting out of bed coughing up the accumulated mucus. On a crowded bus my aunt would insist that he sat while she stood, but there were a lot of people who assumed he was just a spoiled brat, and strongly hinted (or even demanded) that he should stand and give them his seat. He died at the age of 15 years and 3 months - my best friend.

Now THAT IS an evil disability. When I worked on the railway at Derby, I often saw a man with his two sons watching the trains. I got to know them well and he told me his youngest son had Cystic Fibrosis. I knew that most people with this kind of disability do not live long so I arranged for them to tour the maintenance depot one Saturday afternoon when it was quiet. They loved it and the fitters made a real fuss of the kids. Shortly after that regular station work for general relief men ceased so I never found out what became of the little lad.

• Upvote 2