Market & Fairs Background As A Larvin / Huggett

Hi Guys,

I joined here a while ago just to correct something and reply to a question regards to Johnny Larvin.

My names Ash, I am 21 years old. I am a Huggett by name yet a Larvin by Family history as my Father was raised by his Aunt & Uncle who were Larvins upon his mother passing.

Just thought id pop up on here to have a look at some of the history properly, also if anyone has any questions regards to old Nightclubs, Security, Markets, Fairground and Barrow Boys.

Ill ask my Dad :)

Btw we still work Markets and I was myself still working Goose Fair but due to my Dads ill health we've took a back burner for now, I will be taking it over as and when I have time after Uni

Johnny Larvin I have heard of, but cant put a face to it.

Though seeing a face, I may remember it. One of Nottingham's Characters.

im sure it was mrs dolly larvin we lived opposit me on bournmoor avenue clifton

#1 The LARVIN name is really bugging me now,does Brian ring any bells? i knew a Barry but also Brian,they were from Bestwood/Basford and were fruit/veg merchants 60s70s.I knew them from the Park Tavern Basford,and knocked about with the Fishers,who were also originally fruit/veg people.

did it used to be hugget and mellors on the fairs together years ago ash now it was some thing like that . knew the mellors family well when i was young.

• 1 month later...

My Nanna & Grandad were Ray and Sylvia Larvin. My Nanna had a fruit and veg shop in Bulwell which is now WH Brown Estate Agents :)

Raymond sadly passed away in 1985. Sylvia hasn't moved to Spain (ever) and is still residing in Nottingham :)