Peter "60" musician

Good morning , any help you could give would be much appreciated ... We are looking for a guy from the Nottingham area who used to be a musician from the 60's in a band .. His name was Peter and we think lived in Russell Drive Nottingham (we think no 12) the date 1967 would mean something .. A long shot I know but if anyone has even a small piece of information we would be very grateful ... Thank you

Welcome Bes502 .

Someone here may know something . I had a look on the news archives which unfortunately only go up to the 50s .

There is a family notice of a death of a Frances Murphy wife of the late James Murphy at that address , 12 Russell Drive in 1936. They appear to have had at least 6 children but whether any of the Murphys remained in the property for the next 30 yrs , haven't a clue !

Good luck !

Morning

Thank you so much for reading my post and we will do a search, oh I do hope so , the internet is an amazing tool .... And little snippets of information ... Can sometimes get you to the finishing point ... I think he would have been about 17-20 in 1967.... So probably around 64-70 now .. All fingers crossed someone on here will know something ... Have a good day

• Upvote 1

Hi ..a little more information., he would have drunk in the Wollerton pub which is now the Wollerton Pub and Kitchen .. Lambourne Drive .. Around 1966 .. This may jog someone's memory if you used to drink in there .. Thank you

Hi Mick ..no Sorry just his occupation - Musician and that he lived near the Wollaton Pub on Russell Drive ... And his name is Peter .. It's a long shot I know, but I'm hoping someone will remember a Peter from the area ... Was probably in a band locally ... Thank you ...

You could ask Nottingham Local Studies Library or Archives (not sure which one holds them) for a look up in the Electoral roll for that address around 1967. If he was under 21 he wouldn't be listed himself, but, assuming he lived with his parents, they should be.

DONT GIVE UP HOPE ITS SURPRIZING WHAT LITTLE CONVERSATIONS ON HERE CAN LEAD TOO.AND WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT . JUST THIS AFTERNOON I HAD A PHONE CALL FROM SOME ONE HIPPO GIRL AND I BOTH KNEW IN THE 60 IVE SENT HIPPO GIRL AN EMAIL SO IF YOU READ THIS BEFORE YOU READ YOUR EMAILS OPEN YOUR EMAILS HIPPO GIRL. THIS CAME FROM A TREAD AND LINK ON THIS SITE 1960S WERE YOU IN A NOTTINGHAM BAND. I SENT A MESSAGETO THE PERSON WHO RONS THIS LINK ABOUT 6 WEEKS AGO TO ASK IF HE HAD ANY CONTACKT DETAILS FOR THIS PERSON.HE EMAILED ME BACK ASKING FOR MY TELEPHONE NUMBER AND HE WOULD PASS IT ON NOT HAVING HEARD ANYTHING BACK I THOUGHT THE PERSON WOULD NOT CONTACT ME THEN THIS AFTERNOON I GOT A TELEPHONE CALL FROM HIM AND WE HAD A LONG CHATALTHOUGH HE DID NOT REMEMBER ME AT FIRST WHEN WE HAD BEEN CHATTING FOR A WHILE ABOUT VARIOUS PEOPLE WE BOTH KNEW HE REMEMBERED WHO I WAS BUT HAD NOT REMEMBERED MY NAME. COMPEARED TO A COUPLE OF MY MATES IN THEM DAYS I WAS RELITIVELY QUIET AND SHY YES I KNOW SOME OF YOU WONT BELIVE THAT BUT I WAS. HE REMEMBERED HOW I SUDDENLY CAME OUT OF MY SHELL.

YEH IM SURE A LOT OF OUR MEMBERS WILL REMEMBER SUCH IT WAS SO FUNNY HEARING FROM HIM AFTER ALL THESE YEARS HE IS NOW LIVING IN DERBYSHIRE AND STILL PROFORMING AS A SOLO ARTIST NOW HOPE TO GO AND SEE HIM SOON AND DO A BIT MORE CATCHING UP.

Hello ... It seems we have been given the wrong information about Russell Drive .. But it is close by ... I'm not going to put the whole information on here ... But please message me if you have anything you can tell me ... I'm actually looking for my birth dad .. He was 18 .. I do have birth mums name ... And I understand how sensitive this is , but if anyone can remember anything please please let me know ... Thank youx