What's Your Favourite Beer Garden?

To me a proper beer garden is just that, a garden, not some decking like the first picture shown, we visited a similar one in Norfolk a few weeks ago, we would have called it a Yuppy Pub at one time. We walked in and walked out again. To me a Beer Garden is grass and trees and plants in the ground and the best one I remember is the Queens Head in Watnall as it was in the 70's.

Though I'll go with The Horse and Groom at Moorgreen now.

The Borlase one is a cracker for the centre of town. The one at the Nag's Head on Mansfield Road used to be nice though I can't vouch for it of late.

Further afield, I like the one at The Full Moon at Morton and also the railway themed one at The Final Whistle at Southwell. I also think the Nags Head at Woodborough has an ideal one if you have kids.

The garden of the long since lost Cocked Hat in Aspley. It had several different sections including a formal rose garden, and more wild overgrown areas. But as a child my favourite part was at the back...the play area with swings and see saw. My parents and grandparents would be inside and I would be brought out a bottle of red pop that my granddad called 'Dragons Blood'. And some cockles if I was really lucky.

• Upvote 3

I used to love the Rock & Roll nights at the Cocked Hat but never knew about the garden. I was there the night in 1979 when ATV filmed 'England their England'. It was a film about a friend of mine, a Rock & Roll DJ, who worked at Raleigh.

The garden of the long since lost Cocked Hat in Aspley. It had several different sections including a formal rose garden, and more wild overgrown areas. But as a child my favourite part was at the back...the play area with swings and see saw. My parents and grandparents would be inside and I would be brought out a bottle of red pop that my granddad called 'Dragons Blood'. And some cockles if I was really lucky.

The Cocked Hat was where I bought my legal first pint. I lived on Withern road near the junction of Bidford road which had a cut through onto Broxtowe lane and it came out near the Cocked Hat.

I also went there with my parents and while they sat in the lounge my sister and myself would explore the back garden and have our compulsory bottle of pop and packet of Smiths crisps with the blue wrap of salt . Later when I was old enough I went to the disco nights often with the night ending with a visit by the police.