Congratulations, Carl Froch.

I see that one of Nottinghams sporting heros has become a Honorary Freeman of Nottingham. Like our other Nottingham heros, he has brought our great city to the attention of the World. Congratulations, Carl Froch.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/World-champion-Carl-Froch-described-true/story-23002737-detail/story.html

• Upvote 2

catfan, how lucky are you to get tickets for the Carl Froch presentation. It will be a fantastic night for you all and it'll be a case of spot the famous faces. It will be reported on the TV news so I'll keep an eye out for a chap in the audience with a cat on his knee...haha.

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I worked with Carl a few times when he's been doing Q&A sessions and needed a sound system. Always been respectful and polite to everyone. The last time was a private party his brother organised at Alea not long after his most recent fight.

Well just got back home, Daughter took us to The Punchbowl on Porchester Road for a bite to eat first where we met up with son in law.

Had a great night. As one who is always knocking Nottingham City Council I have to say they did a first class job organising this presentation.Well done Nottm City Coun.

Froch as usual was on top form.

As I said to Mrs Catfan, "It's not everyday you see history in the making".

Considering all the ticketts were snapped up within a couple of hours of going on release, there were empty seats tonight. Goes to show there's nowt as daft as people.

Any way a few pics, considering we were at the back in the 1/9d s only using a point & shoot camera not permitted to use flash, I had a go.

Mrs Catfan & daughter Angela with the lad himself...................................err not quite. !

P1010662_zps55bc2b8c.jpg

Carl Froch receives his award from Jon Collins, the council leader.

P1010680_zpsdcd49bbb.jpg

• Upvote 3