Enigma1st, thanks for adding the link (#2). It worked when I put the post on because I always check them. I can remember a few years ago my wife and I went to a Radcliffe Olympic FC night match and we went in the Black Lion. We only had a quick drink but I thought it was a nice pub.

My mother & sister live about 15 miles from Machnlleth & there are no supermarkets in that town.

The good people raised a petition to prevent Tescos from setting up there & won

Machnlleth is a nice small town with a lot of nice local traders & no major national chains BLISS.

Ashley alerted us back in June, 2013 that the Black Lion had closed and the rumour was that a supermarket was going up on the site......

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:33 PM .. Black Lion at Radcliffe On Trent , massive place, is shut rumour is demolition and supermarket on site?

Not surprised at this latest news as I just thought it was going ahead and I checked Google every now and then but nothing new.

Surprised ROT residents are shocked - perhaps they should drink at the Manvers and keep up with the news like Ashley!

Trouble is, Nottingham has changed that much since the 50/60s that it is virtually unrecognisable except for a few landmarks AND, if they start on ROT, there will be no point in coming back to show SWMBO the old sights.

They have already demolished the old ROT railway station some years ago, built houses all over fields that we used to roam on, changed the Church Hall, ROT centre, demolished the ROT Infant School... noblue

• Upvote 1