Clifton Parking Permits

A member of my family went to visit a friend who lives on Woodbridge Road, Clifton yesterday and was told she now needed a Parking Permit or risk a £60 fine. It seems odd as it doesn't look like a particularly busy road. Is this fairly new and does anyone know if this rule covers all of the small streets on the Clifton Estate.

Woodbridge Avenue....not Road. How do I know? Because I lived there for the first 20+ years of my life :cool: . Who exactly do you know? (PM me if necessary)

I don't have any connection with the place these days, but I know the reason for parking permits. Those roads in that part of the estate were being filled by cars belonging to students at Trent University (the former teachers training college). During the week in term time you couldn't park anywhere near your own house, due to student cars.

• Upvote 1

An old school friend of my sisters CliffTon. No one I know. She told me today that it's the first she knew of it. She hasn't been for 12months. I used to visit my Aunts who lived 84, Green lane, but they had their own drives, so no problem.

Thank's CliffTon. That explains it. I don't think the family have lived at that address for a long time. My sister is older than me, so I wasn't part of their School group. I was regarded as a Squirt. because they were 3/4yrs older than me.

It's become the norm in most residential areas close to busy centres of one sort or another. I used to think it must be horrendous to live in such places, like living in the middle of a carpark. Some drivers have little consideration in where they leave their cars.

After losing patience, I once had a very big bust-up with my previous next-door neighbour because his visitors, which were many and often, would always stick their cars in front of my house instead of his, stuck right outside my living-room window, up on the pavement and sometimes blocking my drive. Still, it got sorted after our 'discussion'.

• Upvote 1

I live close to Loughborough railway station & until residents parking was introduced in June 2012 the street was used as an extension of the station car park(car park never full)

Some days we had to park the car some distance from our house.(my wife is disabled)

The annoying thing was the value of some of the cars being parked for "Free" these people can afford a £60k car and the Insurance & the petrol for a six litre engine but were too tight to pay to park their cars .

Since the scheme was introduced we have few problems.

• Upvote 1

All of the residential streets around our Hospital are now Permit Holders only or Yellow lines. The car Park fees are so high, that people used to park anywhere near the hospital, rather than the carpark. It must have been very annoying to come home from work every day and have no where to park, that is if you haven't a drive!

We can buy "day tickets" for visitors which cost £5 for a book of ten

Scheme in operation Mon - Sat 08.00 -18.00 cost £40 per year(disabled free)

AND IT WORKS

street wardens come round often & cheats do get caught it's cheaper to park a the station car park

CliffTon, I have sent the PM by reply, Have you recieved it. This is my second attempt at posting this message. I don't know where the first one went? Let me know if you got the PM. I have copied it, just in case.